AvaTax API 19.6 Patch Notes
- Jun 17, 2019 | Qijing Yu
This article is about the June 2019 monthly update to the AvaTax API.
Sandbox testing window
The AvaTax release schedule includes a preview period during which time the latest software is available for integration testing in the AvaTax Sandbox Environment two weeks before launching to production. If your engineering team would like a sandbox account for integration testing purposes:
- Development and Solutions Partners (DSP), please contact your Business Development Manager.
- Avalara customers, please contact your Customer Account Manager or open a support ticket.
Partner Integration Certification API
If you write an integration with Avalara APIs, this API will be your friend. It tests 17 scenarios to give you a detailed examination of your integration completeness. When a scenario examination has failed, the API returns a detailed message explaining why. It's important to continue testing this API throughout the development of an integration, until the endpoint returns a Success tag.
Multi-Tax enablement in TaxContent API
Previously, Tax Content API only supported SalesAndUse tax type scenarios. In this release, we’re enabling Multi-Tax content into API results so partners can trigger UnitOfBasis, TaxSubType, and Parameters results with Item-included TaxContent API calls. And in the next release, we’ll enable TaxApplicationLevel results that indicate whether a TaxOnTax calculation has occurred.
Other fixes and improvements
- Resolved issue in UncommitTransaction API that throws an error upon TaxOverride
- Removed EntityNotFound error for UnvoidTransaction with DocumentType=Any
- Resolved UnhandledException in ResolveAddress
- Added military regions support in DownloadTaxRatesByZipCode API
- Started to return error for UPC codes above 12 characters
- Resolved Unhandled Exception in filtering
- Resolved KeyNotFoundException in Item Parameter mapping
- Fixed VisibilityError in QueryDataSources