AvaTax API 19.7 Patch Notes
- Jul 23, 2019 | Qijing Yu
This article is about the July 2019 monthly update to the AvaTax API.
Sandbox testing window
The AvaTax release schedule includes a preview period during which time the latest software is available for integration testing in the AvaTax Sandbox Environment two weeks before launching to production. If your engineering team would like a sandbox account for integration testing purposes:
- Development and Solutions Partners (DSP), please contact your Business Development Manager.
- Avalara customers, please contact your Customer Account Manager or open a support ticket.
Partner Integration Certification API
The Partner Integration Certification API was released last month. This month, we enabled five more testing scenarios for this API to ensure better testing coverage for partners who develop integrations to our tax solution. Please refer to CertifyIntegration API documentation for the complete scenarios being verified.
Fixes and improvements
- Added TaxApplicationLevel to TaxContent API
- Removed createdUserId and modifiedUserId from UserModel
- Added exemptionNumber to CertificateModel
- Fixed a bug of validating PDF files in CreateCertificates API
- Fixed an unhandled exception in filtering functionality
- Fixed taxType = 0 issue for Battery tax calculation scenario
- Added a BatchDeleteItemClassifictions API for cleaning up all Classifications on an item
- Added a BatchDeleteItemParameters API for cleaning up all Parameters on an item
- Made “lines” a required field in AddLines API and DeleteLines API
- Updated documentation to clarify which fields are required for ResolveAddress API