Avalara API 19.9 Patch Notes
- Patch Updates
- Sep 20, 2019 | Qijing Yu
This article is about the September 2019 monthly update to the AvaTax API.
Sandbox testing window
The AvaTax release schedule includes a preview period during which time the latest software is available for integration testing in the AvaTax Sandbox Environment two weeks before launching to production. If your engineering team would like a sandbox account for integration testing purposes:
- Development and Solutions Partners (DSP), please contact your Business Development Manager.
- Avalara customers, please contact your Customer Account Manager or open a support ticket.
Correcting error transactions
Our customers often find a need to correct their transaction errors after the fact, especially when the transactions are submitted through extractor applications. ErrorTransactions APIs provide a solution to this problem. These APIs will allow customers to review historical error transactions, fix them, and delete them.
In this release, we’ve added two APIs:
- FetchErrorTransactions API – to fetch historical extractor-based failure transactions
- DeleteErrorTransactions API – to delete failure transactions that no longer need be tracked
At the same time, CreateTransaction as well as CreateOrAdjustTransaction APIs are also updated to record extractor-based transaction failures.
Note that these error transaction APIs will only support extractor scenarios from this release; in the future, they’ll be expanded to more scenarios like batches and connectors.
Fixes and improvements
- Stopped reflecting input in error messages, to prevent security issues
- Enabled acceptance of multiple TaxCodes in SendSales APIs
- Added new field isFein to company model to identify whether taxPayIdNumber is a FEIN or SSN
- Enabled Meals tax calculations