Avalara API 19.10 Patch Notes
- Patch Updates
- Oct 21, 2019 | Qijing Yu
This article is about the October 2019 monthly update to the AvaTax API.
Sandbox testing window
The AvaTax release schedule includes a preview period during which time the latest software is available for integration testing in the AvaTax Sandbox Environment two weeks before launching to production. If your engineering team would like a sandbox account for integration testing purposes:
- Development and Solutions Partners (DSP), please contact your Business Development Manager.
- Avalara customers, please contact your Customer Account Manager or open a support ticket.
No release for November
Every year, in preparation for Cyber Week, our highest traffic-volume time, we freeze our code for a one-month period to ensure our infrastructure can provide the fastest and most reliable calculation, and help our customers achieve a successful holiday season.
This year, Black Friday is November 29, and Cyber Monday is December 2. This makes the current release — our October release — the last release prior to Cyber Week. We will skip our monthly release for November.
See you all again in December!
Fixes and improvements
- Certain characters are no longer allowed for new companyCodes, including “|”, “\”, “;”
- DeleteCertificate API no longer returns a Certificate model
- No longer throws error if address line1 input is longer than 50 characters, instead length will be truncated to 50 characters, for a smoother client-side workflow
- RateDepends custom tax rule is now applicable to non-EU countries
- Added API documentation for maximum batch file size allowed
- Fixed 500 error for CreateItems API
- Fixed 500 error for SendSales API
- Added ID fields into SendSales API for uniqueness identification