AvaTax API 19.12 Patch Notes
- Dec 19, 2019 | Rohish Deshmukh
This article is about the December 2019 monthly update to the AvaTax API.
Sandbox testing window
The AvaTax release schedule includes a preview period during which time the latest software is available for integration testing in the AvaTax Sandbox Environment two weeks before launching to production. If your engineering team would like a sandbox account for integration testing purposes:
- Development and Solutions Partners (DSP), please contact your Business Development Manager.
- Avalara customers, please contact your Customer Account Manager or open a support ticket.
Error transaction API improvements
- Error is NOT thrown, and list is returned if an AccountAdmin user attempts to use ListErrorCodes for a company in another account
- Added IsRecordSetCountCapped property to ListErrorTransactions and ListErrorCodes APIs
- Implemented IsRecordCountCapped property in ETS ListErrorTransactionsResponse and ListErrorCodesResponse objects
Returns API bug fixes
- Added endpoints to expose FilingPeriods filed per company’s returns
- Fixed ordering issues for Notices
- Updated documentation for the payment model to display filingId as a required field
- Added inverse quarterly and weekly filing frequencies to tax notices
- Corrected Post Notice Attachment swagger description
- Fixed the generic 500 error when filtering the ListTaxForms API by a non-null fiscalYearStartMonth value
- Attempting to create a company return setting without a companyReturnId or filingQuestionId that now results in a ValueRequiredError
- Attempting to use the UpdateFilingCalendar API with a null model payload that now results in a ModelRequiredException
- Fixed a bug on GetFilingCalendars
Fixes and improvements
- Resolved Registrar Remove Subscription issue in Sandbox
- Removed Internal Service URLs from RemoteServerError
- Added Adjustment Reason and description to CreateOrAdjust model
- Added special encoding for % while using Transaction APIs
- Fixed the update or deletion of an expired subscription
- Updated BizTech response check to include >500 status codes
- Updated "Onboarding" endpoint label to "Provisioning"
- Fixed caching issue with subscriptions
- Fixed a bug on locations without filter returning incorrect result
- Added additional Filter Operators for Customers and Certificates fetch endpoints