Avalara New CFO Giveaway Terms and Conditions
By participating in the Avalara New CFO Giveaway (the “Giveaway”), you hereby agree to be bound by these terms and conditions (the “Terms”), and to comply with Avalara’s decisions in connection with this Giveaway, which are final.
- Eligibility. To be an eligible participant in the Giveaway (an “Eligible Participant”), you must (1) be an employee of a current customer of Avalara or its parent, affiliate, or subsidiary companies; and (2) the customer company must have appointed or hired a new Chief Financial Officer within the past 12 months. The Prize is limited to one employee per customer. Avalara reserves the right to disqualify anyone from participation. All determinations will be made by Avalara in its sole discretion. NO PURCHASE IS NECESSARY.
- Prize. The Giveaway will award a lunch voucher gift card to each Eligible Participant. The Prize is valued at approximately $25. Prize award requires compliance with these Terms.
- Submission of Entry; Entry Requirements. No purchase is necessary to enter the Giveaway. Eligible Participants are automatically entered.
- Claiming the Prize. As a condition of being awarded a prize, the winner must schedule a call with an Avalara customer account manager.
- General Release. By entering the Giveaway, you release Avalara from any liability whatsoever, and waive any and all causes of action, related to any claims, costs, injuries, losses, or damages of any kind arising out of or in connection with the Giveaway (including, without limitation, claims, costs, injuries, losses, and damages related to rights of publicity or privacy, defamation or portrayal in a false light, whether intentional or unintentional), whether under a theory of contract, tort (including negligence), warranty, or other theory.
- Limitation of Liability. Avalara shall not be responsible or liable for any damages or losses of any kind, including direct, indirect, incidental, consequential or punitive damages arising from your participation in the Giveaway, or use of or inability to use any prize, even if Avalara has been advised of the possibility of such damages. Some jurisdictions do not allow the limitations or exclusions of liability for incidental or consequential damages so the above may not apply to you.
- Governing Law. The Giveaway and these Terms, including any disputes hereunder, will be governed, construed, and interpreted under the laws of the state of Washington, without giving effect to any conflict of laws principles. The state or federal courts in King County, Washington, will have exclusive jurisdiction over any suit. Depending on the country in which you are employed or engaged as a contractor, additional laws and regulations may apply.
- Miscellaneous. You agree to be bound by these Terms and by the decisions of Avalara, which are final and binding in all respects. Avalara reserves the right to change these Terms at any time, in its sole discretion, and to suspend or cancel the Giveaway or limit eligibility for participation in the Giveaway should viruses, bugs, unauthorized human intervention or other causes beyond Avalara’s control affect the administration, security or proper play of the Giveaway, or Avalara otherwise becomes (as determined in its sole discretion) incapable of running the Giveaway as planned. Avalara’s failure to enforce any provision of these Terms will not constitute a waiver of that provision, nor will it waive or invalidate any other provision of these Terms. If you violate these Terms, violate any law, rule or regulation in connection with participation in the Giveaway, tamper with the operation of the Giveaway or engage in any conduct that is detrimental or unfair to Avalara, the Giveaway or any other participant (in each case as determined in Avalara’s sole discretion), you are subject to disqualification from entry into the Giveaway. Any provision of these Terms deemed unenforceable will be enforced to the extent permissible, and the remainder of these Terms will remain in effect.
If you have any questions about these Terms or the Giveaway, please e-mail them to firstname.lastname@example.org