Compliance Challenges Training Webinar - Avalara Giveaway Terms and Conditions
NO PURCHASE NECESSARY. VOID WHERE PROHIBITED.
This Webinar Giveaway (the “Giveaway”) is sponsored by Avalara, Inc. (“Avalara”), 255 S. King Street #1800 Seattle, WA 98104. By participating in the Giveaway, you hereby agree to be bound by and comply with these terms and conditions (the “Terms”), and to comply with Avalara’s decisions in connection with this Giveaway, which are final and binding.
- Eligibility. The Giveaway is open only to confirmed attendees of the Top Compliance Challenges Your Customers Face and How to Navigate Them training webinar on October 25, 2022 (the “Webinar”). You must be in attendance for the entire duration of the Webinar. You must be a confirmed employee of an Avalara partner with a valid business email. You must be a legal resident of the 50 United States or District of Columbia and 18 years of age or older at the time of entry, as confirmed by a valid government-issued photo identification. Employees of Avalara, its related companies, or its agents are not eligible. Avalara reserves the right, at its sole discretion, to disqualify anyone from participation.
- Giveaway. The Giveaway will award one $200 Amazon gift card to an attendee selected at random following the webinar. Winner must register for and attend the webinar to qualify.
- Submission of Sign-Up; Sign-Up Requirements. No purchase is necessary to sign up for the Giveaway. Sign up for the Webinar at https://avalara.zoom.us/webinar/register/2316637068546/WN_taA80uWYSVGOKFt5m0PCNQ by October 24, 2022, at 11:59p Pacific time (or such other date and time as Avalara may determine in its sole discretion) by providing your first name, last name, email, phone number, organization, and job title. Please confirm with your employer that you are eligible to participate in this Giveaway. Valid business email must be used to qualify. No person may receive more than one Giveaway. Completed sign-ups submitted to Avalara are the property of Avalara and will not be returned. Any sign-up that does not comply with the requirements described in this section will be ineligible for the Giveaway.
- Giveaway Restrictions. You are solely responsible for all taxes, fees, and insurance expenses, if any. No giveaway substitution, cash substitution, assignment, or transfer of the giveaway is permitted, except that Avalara may substitute a giveaway of equal or greater value in the event it deems necessary. All giveaways are awarded “AS IS” and WITHOUT WARRANTY OF ANY KIND, expressed or implied, except as provided by the supplier. You will look solely to the supplier of the giveaway for any supplier warranties that might accompany the giveaway.
- General Release. By entering the Giveaway, you release Avalara from any liability whatsoever, and waive any and all causes of action, related to any claims, costs, injuries, losses, or damages of any kind arising out of or in connection with the Giveaway (including, without limitation, claims, costs, injuries, losses, and damages related to rights of publicity or privacy, defamation or portrayal in a false light, whether intentional or unintentional), whether under a theory of contract, tort (including negligence), warranty, or other theory.
- Limitation of Liability. Avalara shall not be responsible or liable for any damages or losses of any kind, including direct, indirect, incidental, consequential or punitive damages arising from your participation in the Giveaway, or use of or inability to use any giveaway, even if Avalara has been advised of the possibility of such damages. Some jurisdictions do not allow the limitations or exclusions of liability for incidental or consequential damages so the above may not apply to you.
- Governing Law. The Giveaway and these Terms, including any disputes hereunder, will be governed, construed, and interpreted under the laws of the state of Washington, without giving effect to any conflict of laws principles. The state or federal courts in King County, Washington, will have exclusive jurisdiction over any suit. Depending on the country in which you are located, additional laws and regulations may apply.
- Miscellaneous. The Giveaway is subject to all applicable federal, state, provincial, and local laws. Void where prohibited. Avalara shall be entitled to interpret these rules as needed, including but not limited to rules regarding entries, selection of winners, deadlines, restrictions on the giveaways, and eligibility, and all of its decisions are final. Giveaway entrants agree to be bound by all interpretations of the rules by Avalara and all decisions of Avalara in connection with the Giveaway. Avalara reserves the right to change these Terms at any time, in its sole discretion, and to suspend or cancel the Giveaway or limit eligibility for participation in the Giveaway should viruses, bugs, unauthorized human intervention or other causes beyond Avalara’s control affect the administration, security or proper play of the Giveaway, or Avalara otherwise becomes (as determined in its sole discretion) incapable of running the Giveaway as planned. Avalara’s failure to enforce any provision of these Terms will not constitute a waiver of that provision, nor will it waive or invalidate any other provision of these Terms. If you violate these Terms, violate any law, rule or regulation in connection with participation in the Giveaway, tamper with the operation of the Giveaway or engage in any conduct that is detrimental or unfair to Avalara, the Giveaway or any other participant (in each case as determined in Avalara’s sole discretion), you are subject to disqualification from entry into the Giveaway. Any provision of these Terms deemed unenforceable will be enforced to the extent permissible, and the remainder of these Terms will remain in effect.