CRUSH HUNTINGTON BEACH 2019 CONFERENCE
SOCIAL MEDIA LEADERBOARD CONTEST
NO PURCHASE NECESSARY. A PURCHASE OR PAYMENT OF ANY KIND WILL NOT INCREASE YOUR CHANCES OF WINNING.
- Eligibility: This is a professional trade promotion not open to the general public. The Avalara Crush Huntington Beach 2019 Social Media Leaderboard Contest (the “Contest”) is open only to registered attendees of the AVALARA CRUSH 2019 CONFERENCE in Huntington Beach, California held from May 9, 2019 through May 10, 2018 at the Hyatt Regency Huntington Beach Resort & Spa (the “Crush 2019 Conference”), who are at least 18 years old. Employees of Avalara, its related companies, and agents are not eligible to participate in the Contest. The Contest is subject to all federal, state, and local laws and regulations and is void in Puerto Rico and where prohibited by law.
- Sponsor: The AVALARA CRUSH 2019 CONFERENCE Social Media Leaderboard Contest is sponsored by Avalara, Inc. (referred to herein as “Sponsor”), of 255 South King Street, Suite 1800, Seattle, WA 98104.
- Agreement to Official Rules: Participation in the Contest constitutes entrant’s full and unconditional agreement to and acceptance of these Official Rules and the decisions of Sponsor, which are final and binding. Winning a prize is contingent upon fulfilling in a timely manner all requirements set forth herein.
- Timing: The Contest begins at the Crush 2019 Conference on Thursday May 9, 2019 at 7:00 a.m. PST and ends at 11:00 a.m. PST on Friday May 10, 2019 (the “Contest Period”).
- How to Enter: Throughout the Crush 2019 Conference, attendees of the conference may post to Twitter and/or Instagram using the hashtag #AvalaraCRUSH. By posting to Twitter or Instagram using the hashtag #AvalaraCRUSH posts may be posted to the social wall, operated by Everwall. Posts with profanity, offensive content, or spam will not be displayed on the social wall and will not contribute to the leaderboard ranking. A leaderboard ranking accounts based on the number of instances they post to Instagram or Twitter using the event hashtag will be located at the bottom of the social wall (the “Leaderboard”). Instagram and Twitter accounts handles will be treated separately, so an attendee may place twice, if both their Twitter and Instagram place among the most posts on the Leaderboard. Only public and searchable profiles will be included on the Leaderboard and considered for the Contest. Entries will only be accepted via Twitter and Instagram. Entrant must be a registered member of Twitter or Instagram to participate.
- How to Win: The attendee accounts that finish 1st, 2nd, and 3rd on the Leaderboard for the most posts will win. In the event of a tie, Avalara will decide the winner by looking at which attendee account posted its last post first. For example, if two attendee accounts tie for 1st place because they each made 12 postings on the Leaderboard, and one account made its 12th posting at 10:00 a.m. and the second account made its 12th posting at 10:05 a.m., the account that posted at 10:00 a.m. will be deemed the winner. Entrant must be a registered CRUSH attendee to win. If a company account finishes in 1st, 2nd, or 3rd, the prize will be awarded to the registered attendee at CRUSH19 for the company. Winners will be announced during the lunch session on the last day of the event, May 10, 2019 and need not be present to win. If not present, winners will be notified directly through Twitter or Instagram to coordinate pick-up. The odds of winning depend on the number of valid entries received.
- Prize: The 1st place winner will receive, an Amazon Echo Show (approximate retail value $230). The 2nd place winner will receive $150 in VISA gift cards, and 3rd place winner will receive a $100 VISA gift card. Prize is not transferable or refundable and must be accepted as awarded. No cash or other substitution may be made, except by Sponsor, who reserves the right to substitute any prize (or component thereof) with another prize (or component thereof) of equal or greater value if the original prize is not available for any reason as determined by Sponsor in its sole discretion. Winner is responsible for any taxes and fees that are not expressly mentioned above and are associated with receipt or use of prize. Winner of a prize may be issued an IRS Form 1099 for the approximate retail value of the awarded prize.
- Original Work of Authorship: By participating in the Contest, entrant hereby warrants and represent that (a) he/she own all rights in and to all entries and materials submitted to Sponsor in connection with the Contest (collectively, "Entry Materials") (including, without limitation, all copyright and other intellectual property rights), with the exception of any Avalara trademarks, service marks, copyrights or other Avalara intellectual property rights, including the #AvalaraCRUSH hashtag, captured in the Entry Materials (“Avalara Materials”); and (b) all such Entry Materials are original works of authorship on your part and have not been copied, in whole or in part, from any other work and do not violate, misappropriate or infringe any copyright, trademark or other proprietary right of any other person or entity.
- License to Use Entry Materials: Entrant grants Sponsor a worldwide irrevocable license to use, modify, reproduce, publish, perform, display, distribute, make derivative works of and otherwise commercially and noncommercially exploit the Entry Materials in perpetuity and throughout the universe, in any manner or medium now existing or hereafter developed, without separate compensation to entrant or any other person or entity. Entrant agree to take, at Sponsor's expense, any further action (including, without limitation, execution of affidavits and other documents) reasonably requested by Sponsor to effect, perfect or confirm Sponsor's ownership rights as set forth above in this paragraph.
- Disclaimer: Avalara, Inc., Everwall, Inc., Instagram, Inc., and Twitter, Inc., and any of their respective parent companies, subsidiaries, affiliates, directors, officers, professional advisors, employees, and agencies (collectively, the “Released Parties”) will not be responsible for: (a) any late, lost, misrouted, garbled, distorted or damaged transmissions or entries; (b) telephone, electronic, hardware, software, network, Internet, or other computer- or communications-related malfunctions or failures; (c) any Contest disruptions, injuries, losses, or damages caused by events beyond the control of Avalara or by non-authorized human intervention; or (d) any printing or typographical errors in any materials associated with the Contest.
- No Twitter or Instagram Endorsement: This Contest is in no way sponsored, endorsed or administered by, or associated with Instagram, Inc or Twitter, Inc. Entrant understands that by participating, using and interacting with www.twitter.com and/or www.instagram.com, entrant is subject to the terms, conditions, and policies that govern the use of those sites. Entrant must review the applicable terms and policies for those sites, including privacy and data gathering practices, before using or interacting with Twitter and Instagram.
- General Conditions: Entrants agree to be bound by these Official Rules and by the decisions of Avalara, which are final and binding in all respects. Avalara reserves the right to change these Official Rules at any time, in its sole discretion, and to suspend or cancel the Contest or any Entrant’s participation in the Contest should viruses, bugs, unauthorized human intervention or other causes beyond Avalara’s control affect the administration, security or proper play of the Contest, or Avalara otherwise becomes (as determined in its sole discretion) incapable of running the Contest as planned. Avalara’s failure to enforce any term of these Official Rules will not constitute a waiver of that provision, nor will it waive or invalidate any other provision of these Official Rules. Entrants who violate these Official Rules, violate any law, rule or regulation in connection with participation in the Contest, tamper with the operation of the Contest or engage in any conduct that is detrimental or unfair to Avalara, the Contest or any other Entrant (in each case as determined in Avalara’s sole discretion) are subject to disqualification from entry into the Contest. Avalara reserves the right to lock out entrants whose eligibility is in question or who have been disqualified or are otherwise ineligible to enter the Contest. Any provision of these Official Rules deemed unenforceable will be enforced to the extent permissible, and the remainder of these Official Rules will remain in effect. If you have any questions about these Official Rules or the Contest, please e-mail them to firstname.lastname@example.org or send written questions to the address listed above, Attn: Public Relations Team.
- Release and Limitations of Liability: By participating in the Contest, entrant agrees to release and hold harmless the Sponsor and its officers, directors, employees, and agents (the “Released Parties”) from and against any claim or cause of action arising out of participation in the Contest or receipt or use of any prize, including, but not limited to: (a) unauthorized human intervention in the Contest; (b) printing errors; (c) lost, late, postage-due, misdirected, or undeliverable mail; (d) errors in the administration of the Contest or the processing of entries; or (e) injury or damage to persons, entities, or property which may be caused, directly or indirectly, in whole or in part, from entrant’s participation in the Contest or receipt or use of any prize. Entrant further agrees that in any cause of action, the Released Parties’ liability will be limited to the cost of entering and participating in the Contest, and in no event shall the Released Parties be liable for attorney’s fees. Entrant waives the right to claim any damages whatsoever, including, but not limited to, punitive, consequential, direct, or indirect damages.
- Disputes: Except where prohibited, entrant agrees that: (1) any and all disputes, claims, and causes of action arising out of, or connected with, the Contest or any prize awarded shall be resolved individually, without resort to any form of class action, and exclusively by the appropriate court located in the State of Washington; (2) any and all claims, judgments and awards shall be limited to actual out-of-pocket costs incurred, including costs associated with entering this Contest but in no event attorneys’ fees; and (3) under no circumstances will entrant be permitted to obtain awards for and entrant hereby waives all rights to claim punitive, incidental and consequential damages and any other damages, other than for actual out-of-pocket expenses, and any and all rights to have damages multiplied or otherwise increased. SOME JURISDICTIONS DO NOT ALLOW THE LIMITATION OR EXCLUSION OF LIABILITY FOR INCIDENTAL OR CONSEQUENTIAL DAMAGES, SO THE ABOVE MAY NOT APPLY TO YOU. All issues and questions concerning the construction, validity, interpretation, and enforceability of these Official Rules, entrant’s rights and obligations, or the rights and obligations of the Sponsors in connection with the Contest, shall be governed by, and construed in accordance with, the laws of the State of Washington, without giving effect to any choice of law or conflict of law rules (whether of the State of Washington or any other jurisdiction), which would cause the application of the laws of any jurisdiction other than the State of Washington.
- Official Rules and Contest Results: To request a copy of the Official Rules and name of winners, send a self-addressed stamped envelope to Avalara, Inc., Attn: Legal, 255 South King Street, Suite 1800, Seattle, WA 98104. Vermont residents may omit postage for rules requests.