Get social with us for your chance to win an Amazon Echo Spot or an Instax Camera Prize Pack!
HOW TO ENTER:
You must be registered and in attendance at Avalara CRUSH DC to qualify.
- Follow @avalara on Twitter (twitter.com/avalara). Make sure your account is public and searchable.
- Be on the lookout for tweets with #CRUSHTweetOff from the Avalara Twitter account throughout the day on May 10 and 11.
- Complete each tweet’s task and post accordingly to your Twitter account* using #CRUSHTweetOff**.
- A winner will be selected at the end of each day (May 10 and 11) based on the number of succesfully completed tasks.
*Please create a new tweet when posting for each completed task. Do not reply to @avalara or respond to the original post.
**All entries must include the hashtag (#CRUSHTweetOff) to qualify.
CRUSH DC 2018 CONFERENCE
NO PURCHASE NECESSARY. A PURCHASE OR PAYMENT OF ANY KIND WILL NOT INCREASE YOUR CHANCES OF WINNING.
1. Eligibility: This is a professional trade promotion not open to the general public. The Avalara Crush DC 2018 Tweet-Off Contest (the “Contest”) is open only to registered attendees of the AVALARA CRUSH DC 2018 CONFERENCE in Washington, DC held from May 9, 2018 through May 11, 2018 at the Washington, DC JW Marriott Hotel (the “Crush DC 2018 Conference”), who are at least 18 years old. Employees of Avalara, its related companies, and agents are not eligible to participate in the Contest. The Contest is subject to all federal, state, and local laws and regulations and is void in Puerto Rico and where prohibited by law.
2. Sponsor: The AVALARA CRUSH DC 2018 CONFERENCE TWEET-OFF Contest is sponsored by Avalara, Inc. (referred to herein as “Sponsor”), of 255 South King Street, Suite 1800, Seattle, WA 98104.
3. Agreement to Official Rules: Participation in the Contest constitutes entrant’s full and unconditional agreement to and acceptance of these Official Rules and the decisions of Sponsor, which are final and binding. Winning a prize is contingent upon fulfilling in a timely manner all requirements set forth herein.
4. Timing: The Contest begins at the Crush DC 2018 Conference on May 10, 2018, and ends at the closing of the Crush DC 2018 Conference on May 11, 2018 (the “Contest Period”). Winners will be announced through Twitter on May 10, 2018 and May 11, 2018. Winners will be contacted directly through Twitter to coordinate pickup.
5. How to Enter: Avalara will post various tasks on Twitter during the Crush DC 2018 Conference. To participate, the entrant must complete the tasks on a public and searchable Twitter account and include the hashtag #CRUSHTweetOff. The owner of the account to complete the most tasks first will win either one (1) Amazon Echo Spot or a package that includes two (2) Instax Fujifilm Instax Mini 9 and one (1) Fujifilm Instax Mini Film. Entrant must be a registered member of Twitter to participate. Any entrant who attempts to enter with multiple Twitter accounts will be disqualified and forfeit any prize won, in Avalara’s sole discretion.
6. How to Win: The entrant who completes the tasks first will win. In the event of a tie, the entrant who finishes the last task first will be deemed the winner. Entrant must be present at the Crush DC 2018 Conference to win. Prize: The prize winner will receive either one (1) Amazon Echo Spot (approximate retail value $129.99) or a package that includes two (2) Instax Fujifilm Instax Mini 9 and one (1) Fujifilm Instax Mini Film (approximate retail value $156.91). Prize is not transferable or refundable and must be accepted as awarded. No cash or other substitution may be made, except by Sponsor, who reserves the right to substitute any prize (or component thereof) with another prize (or component thereof) of equal or greater value if the original prize is not available for any reason as determined by Sponsor in its sole discretion. Winner is responsible for any taxes and fees that are not expressly mentioned above and are associated with receipt or use of prize. Winner of a prize may be issued an IRS Form 1099 for the ARV of the awarded prize.
7. Original Work of Authorship: By participating in the Contest, entrant hereby warrants and represent that (a) he/she own all rights in and to all Entry Materials submitted by him/her (including, without limitation, all copyright and other intellectual property rights); and (b) all such Entry Materials are original works of authorship on his/her part and have not been copied, in whole or in part, from any other work and do not violate, misappropriate, or infringe any copyright, trademark, or other proprietary right of any other person or entity.
8. Ownership of Entries: All entries and materials submitted to Sponsor in connection with the Contest (collectively, "Entry Materials"), along with all copyright, trademark, and other proprietary rights associated therewith, become the property of Sponsor upon submission, and Entry Materials will not be returned to any entrant. Without limiting the generality of the foregoing, entrant acknowledges that Sponsor will own all rights to use, modify, reproduce, publish, perform, display, distribute, make derivative works of, and otherwise commercially and noncommercially exploit the Entry Materials in perpetuity and throughout the universe, in any manner or medium now existing or hereafter developed, without separate compensation to entrant or any other person or entity. Entrant agrees to take, at Sponsor's expense, any further action (including, without limitation, execution of affidavits and other documents) reasonably requested by Sponsor to effect, perfect, or confirm Sponsor's ownership rights as set forth above in this paragraph.
9. Disclaimer: Avalara and Twitter, Inc., and any of their respective parent companies, subsidiaries, affiliates, directors, officers, professional advisors, employees, and agencies (collectively, the “Released Parties”) will not be responsible for: (a) any late, lost, misrouted, garbled, distorted, or damaged transmissions or entries; (b) telephone, electronic, hardware, software, network, Internet, or other computer- or communications-related malfunctions or failures; (c) any Contest disruptions, injuries, losses, or damages caused by events beyond the control of Avalara or by non-authorized human intervention; or (d) any printing or typographical errors in any materials associated with the Contest.
10. No Twitter Endorsement: This Contest is in no way sponsored, endorsed or administered by, or associated with Twitter, Inc. Entrant understands that by participating, Entrant understands that by using and interacting with www.twitter.com, entrant is subject to the terms, conditions, and policies that govern the use of those sites. Entrant must review the applicable terms and policies for those sites, including privacy and data gathering practices, before using or interacting with Twitter.
11. General Conditions: Entrants agree to be bound by these Official Rules and by the decisions of Avalara, which are final and binding in all respects. Avalara reserves the right to change these Official Rules at any time, in its sole discretion, and to suspend or cancel the Contest or any Entrant’s participation in the Contest should viruses, bugs, unauthorized human intervention, or other causes beyond Avalara’s control affect the administration, security, or proper play of the Contest, or Avalara otherwise becomes (as determined in its sole discretion) incapable of running the Contest as planned. Avalara’s failure to enforce any term of these Official Rules will not constitute a waiver of that provision, nor will it waive or invalidate any other provision of these Official Rules. Entrants who violate these Official Rules, violate any law, rule or regulation in connection with participation in the Contest, tamper with the operation of the Contest, or engage in any conduct that is detrimental or unfair to Avalara, the Contest, or any other Entrant (in each case as determined in Avalara’s sole discretion) are subject to disqualification from entry into the Contest. Avalara reserves the right to lock out entrants whose eligibility is in question or who have been disqualified or are otherwise ineligible to enter the Contest. Any provision of these Official Rules deemed unenforceable will be enforced to the extent permissible, and the remainder of these Official Rules will remain in effect. If you have any questions about these Official Rules or the Contest, please email them to email@example.com or send written questions to the address listed above, Attn: Public Relations Team.
12. Release and Limitations of Liability: By participating in the Contest, entrant agrees to release and hold harmless the Sponsor and its officers, directors, employees, and agents (the “Released Parties”) from and against any claim or cause of action arising out of participation in the Contest or receipt or use of any prize, including, but not limited to: (a) unauthorized human intervention in the Contest; (b) printing errors; (c) lost, late, postage-due, misdirected, or undeliverable mail; (d) errors in the administration of the Contest or the processing of entries; or (e) injury or damage to persons, entities, or property which may be caused, directly or indirectly, in whole or in part, from entrant’s participation in the Contest or receipt or use of any prize. Entrant further agrees that in any cause of action, the Released Parties’ liability will be limited to the cost of entering and participating in the Contest, and in no event shall the Released Parties be liable for attorney’s fees. Entrant waives the right to claim any damages whatsoever, including, but not limited to, punitive, consequential, direct, or indirect damages.
13. Disputes: Except where prohibited, Entrant agrees that: (1) any and all disputes, claims, and causes of action arising out of, or connected with, the Contest or any prize awarded shall be resolved individually, without resort to any form of class action, and exclusively by the appropriate court located in the State of Washington; (2) any and all claims, judgments, and awards shall be limited to actual out-of-pocket costs incurred, including costs associated with entering this Contest but in no event attorneys’ fees; and (3) under no circumstances will entrant be permitted to obtain awards for and entrant hereby waives all rights to claim punitive, incidental, and consequential damages and any other damages, other than for actual out-of-pocket expenses, and any and all rights to have damages multiplied or otherwise increased. SOME JURISDICTIONS DO NOT ALLOW THE LIMITATION OR EXCLUSION OF LIABILITY FOR INCIDENTAL OR CONSEQUENTIAL DAMAGES, SO THE ABOVE MAY NOT APPLY TO YOU. All issues and questions concerning the construction, validity, interpretation, and enforceability of these Official Rules, entrant’s rights and obligations, or the rights and obligations of the Sponsors in connection with the Contest, shall be governed by, and construed in accordance with, the laws of the State of Washington, without giving effect to any choice of law or conflict of law rules (whether of the State of Washington or any other jurisdiction), which would cause the application of the laws of any jurisdiction other than the State of Washington.
14. Official Rules and Contest Results: To request a copy of the Official Rules and name of winners, send a self-addressed stamped envelope to Avalara, Inc., Attn: Legal, 255 South King Street, Suite 1800, Seattle, WA 98104. Vermont residents may omit postage for rules requests.