Avalara Item Classification Supplemental Terms
Effective February 18, 2020
These Avalara Item Classification Supplemental Terms (“Item Classification Terms”) govern Customer’s purchase and use of Avalara Item Classification. These Item Classification Terms are in addition to, and incorporate by reference, the Avalara Terms and Conditions available at www.avalara.com/terms (the “Terms”). Any capitalized terms used in these Item Classification Terms and not defined have the meanings given in the Terms.
- Customer Obligations. Customer shall provide Avalara with (i) a sufficient natural-language description for each Item, and (ii) the data specified in the Documentation or otherwise requested by Avalara. Customer is solely responsible for the accuracy and completeness of all data provided by Customer. Customer shall transmit the Item data using the method designated by Avalara.
- Avalara Obligations. Avalara shall provide Item Classifications for the Items Customer submits. If Customer provides insufficient information, Avalara may request supplemental information in order to complete the Item Classification.
- Fees. Customer shall pay the fees for Avalara Item Classification based on Customer’s subscription plan and usage of the Service specified in each Order Document.
- No Automatic Upgrade. Customer’s Avalara Item Classification subscription plan will not be automatically upgraded to the next highest subscription tier if Customer’s usage exceeds its subscription plan.
- No Trial Period. The Trial Period set forth in the Terms does not apply to the Avalara Item Classification Services.
- One-Time Avalara Item Classification Services. Customers may purchase Avalara Item Classification on a project basis ("One-Time Avalara Item Classification Services"). For Customers who purchase One-Time Avalara Item Classification Services, Customer shall pay (i) the set-up fee and (ii) the service fee set forth in the Order Document. The term for One-Time Avalara Item Classification Services is 60 days from the Effective Date and does not renew. Purchase of this Service is non-cancellable and nonrefundable. If Customer purchases both One-Time Avalara Item Classification Services and subscription Avalara Item Classification Services, the Services will not run concurrently; the One-Time Avalara Item Classification Services will run first for the full 60-day period, and then the subscription will begin.
“Item” means an item or product that can be assigned a Harmonized Commodity Description and Coding System code or the import item classification code for a specific country (“Item Code”).
“Item Classification” is the assignment of an Item Code for a single specified country based on the product attributes provided by Customer.