Algeria VAT on foreign electronic services
- Jan 8, 2020 | Richard Asquith
The Algerian Finance Law for 2020 includes a number of VAT updates:
- Inclusion of electronic services in the VAT net when provided by non-resident providers. This include: downloads or streaming media; e-learning; e-books; cloud-based software and memory storage; online gambling; and apps. They will initially be subject to reduced VAT at 9%.
- The DA 30,000 VAT registration threshold has been withdrawn. There will be a period of VAT exemption for start-ups
- There is now a 12-month period in which partially exempted businesses may collect VAT credits
- Tourism-related services will be subject to the 9% reduced VAT rate
Register now for instant access to over 30 hours of recorded webinars with global tax experts and our latest resources covering the most important issues facing your business right now and for 2021.
Sign up for our free newsletter stay up-to-date with the latest tax news.
Stay ahead of the curve, sign-up to VAT Voice, our essential monthly round-up of VAT, GST and legislation news