Austria place of supply, invoices and other VAT changes
- European News
- 04 December 2014 | Richard Asquith
The Ministry of Finance has this week introduced a number of changes the Austrian VAT code, USt Wartungserlass 2914.
The main changes include:
- The VAT place of supply for the provision of temporary employees is now to be where the staff are deployed.
- The provision of discount cards is not subject to the VAT exemption afforded to securities
- The provision of management services to special investment funds is now VAT exempt
- The threshold for the use of simplified VAT invoices has been increased to Euro 400 per supply
- The income of overseas branches may not be included within the calculation for deductible input VAT
- Services supplied in close-conjunction with exempt sporting activities provided by a charitable organization are now also exempt from VAT
- The place of supply for electricity services is now the location of the business customer. In the case of non-VAT registered persons and consumers, it is the place where the supply is provided. You can review 2015 EU VAT rates here.
- The taxable consideration for travel agent services selling packages does not include a discretionary discount given by the travel agent without reference to the holiday company