Bulgaria VAT update
- EU VAT
- 05 September 2018 | Richard Asquith
Bulgaria is introducing a range of VAT amendments to further harmonise its rules with the EU VAT Directive, recent ECJ rulings and other priorities. These include:
- Introduction of the new EU treatment for VAT vouchers, including multi and single use voucher liabilities
- Introduction of an import VAT deferment scheme to allow deferment of payment of VAT
- The introduction of a B2C e-services registration threshold for MOSS of €10,000 per annum. This will ensure many micro digital service companies can provide services to consumers in other EU countries under their Bulgarian VAT registration
- Extension of requirement to provide receipts for cash payments on online sales to consumers and businesses
- Changes to the rules on VAT exemptions for international transport
- Extension of the domestic reverse charge provision to supplies of certain crops – an anti-VAT fraud measure
Bulgaria is introducing a range of VAT amendments to further harmonise its rules with the EU VAT Directive, recent ECJ rulings and other priorities. These...
Overview This release is a maintenance release of the VAT Reporting application for December 2017. It includes new reports for 2017 yearly filings and changes...
Bulgaria is to increase its Intrastat reporting thresholds for 2018, as follows: Arrivals: BGN 430,000 per annum (previously BGN 410,000) Dispatches: BGN 260,000 (previously BGN...