Cape Verde VAT changes
- 21 July 2016 | Richard Asquith
The West Africa island country of Cape Verde introduced a range of VAT and other indirect tax changes in its new Budget Bill 2016. The changes include:
- Corrective VAT returns are required for errors (as opposed to adjustments in subsequent returns)
- Waste and recycling services supplies are VAT exempt
- Importing motorized vehicles for government usage are VAT exempted
- The supply of buildings for cultural or sporting activities is VAT exempted from the start of 2016
- Building construction and supply for governments are VAT exempt
- Tourist occupancy tax is applicable for the whole of 2016
The West Africa island country of Cape Verde introduced a range of VAT and other indirect tax changes in its new Budget Bill 2016. The...
Cape Verde has dropped its standard VAT rate from 15.5% to 15% from 1 January 2016. The 15.5% rate was a temporary measure introduced on...
The Cape Verde VAT Law has been updated from the start of 2014. The major changes include: The VAT reverse charge will apply on domestic...