Finland 2017 VAT changes
- Dec 31, 2016 | Richard Asquith
Finland is to introduce a range of changes to the VAT regime from 1 January 2016. These amendments include:
- A new online tax reporting portal, OMAVERO, is to be launched
- All tax payers must file electronic returns
- Quarterly VAT returns may only be completed by businesses with an annual turnover of under €100,000 per annum
- Cash-based VAT reporting for small businesses will be introduced for traders below €500,000 turnover per annum
- Corrections to previously filed returns may only be done by filing a revised return, including an explanation for the change. Such returns may be filed up to 45 days after the original return to avoid any fines
- Fines for late returns will be €3 per day for the initial 45 days. Afterwards, interest at 2% per day will be imposed. ECL fines will be raised to a maximum of €15,000
Need help with your Finnish VAT compliance?
Researching Finnish VAT legislation is the first step to understanding your VAT compliance needs. Avalara has a range of solutions that can help your business depending on where and how you trade.