Ghana VAT changes
- Mar 2, 2017 | Richard Asquith
The proposed 2017 budget for Ghana has introduced a number of changes to the indirect tax regime. These include:
- Exemption from VAT for financial services
- New VAT rate of 3% for certain businesses as opposed to the standard rate of 15%, which was introduced in 2014
- Exemption from VAT for real estate transactions
- Exemption from VAT for internal airline flights
Ghana has split out the 2.5% National Health Levy from the combined current VAT rate. This means the new VAT rate will be 12.5% instead...
Ghana has confirmed that it will not go ahead with the previously proposed VAT rise. It had been announced in February that it would rise from...
Ghana has proposed a Value Added Tax rate increase of 2% to 17%. The rate was last increased from 12.5% to the current 15% in ...