Italy provides guidance on electronic invoices
- 27 October 2014 | Richard Asquith
Included within the guidance are the following points:
- Customers may retain the right to hold electronic invoices in paper format only be printing off invoices for retention
- Companies may convert existing paper invoices into e-invoices under strict rules, and them retain them under the same compliance obligations as electronic ones
- Companies operating an electronic invoice system must complete the whole e-storage process by the end of each calendar year
- Companies must indicate in their annual VAT returns that they are operating an e-invoice regime.
- Companies now no longer have to also file the impronta version of the their electronic invoices
- New rules for deferred invoices, including issuance for partial supply and back-up documents.
VP Global Indirect Tax Richard Asquith
Richard Asquith is VP Global Indirect Tax at Avalara, helping businesses understand their compliance obligations as they grow globally. He is part of the European leadership team which this year won International Tax Review's Tax Technology Firm of the Year. Richard qualified as an accountant with KPMG in the UK, and went on to work in Hungary, Russia and France with EY.