Italy Spesometro Oct 2018 update
- EU VAT
- 23 September 2018 | Richard Asquith
Italian VAT registered businesses are due to file their bi-annual Spesometro on 1 October. Italy will be introducing a new e-invoice live invoice SdI reporting regime in 2019 which will eliminate the Spesometro for resident businesses.
There were a number of 2018 changes to the XML-based listing, first introduced in 2011, of sales and purchase invoices, including:
- The reporting period was changed from annual to bi-annual
- Extending the list from just domestic supplies to exports and imports
- Intra-community supplies which are included in the Intrastat must be included too
- The €3,600 invoice threshold was withdrawn
- The address of third-party customers or supplies in transactions are no longer required
- B2C sales receipts are excluded
- Fines for missing invoice disclosures were changed to €2 per invoice, limited to €1,000 per quarter
On 1 January 2019, Italy will withdraw the requirement for resident and non-resident Italian tax payers to complete the Spesometro quarterly / bi-annual sales and purchase...
Italian VAT registered businesses are due to file their bi-annual Spesometro on 1 October. Italy will be introducing a new e-invoice live invoice SdI reporting...
The Italian authorities have this week turned down a request to delay the scheduled 1 January 2019 introduction of e-invoicing and live reporting, Sistema di Interscambio...