Poland VAT fraud measures
- Jan 3, 2017 | Richard Asquith
Poland has introduced a range of anti-VAT fraud measures from the 1 January 2017. These include
- VAT registrations are no longer granted automatically as part of a business’ incorporation process
- Agents registering businesses for VAT may be held jointly liable for VAT (limited to PLN 500,000) for up to 6 month after registration
- The VAT registration threshold is increased
- Extension of the domestic reverse charge to gold and silver, and construction services
- Increased fines for the issuance of blank invoices
- Extension of join VAT liability to buyers of key chemicals and computer memory drives
Need a fiscal representative in Poland?
Non-EU businesses selling in Poland will need to appoint a fiscal representative alongside completing VAT registration and returns.
Fiscal representatives are responsible for the accurate VAT submissions of their non-EU clients.
Avalara offers a Fiscal Representative Service as part of its international VAT and GST Registration and Returns Service.
Need help with your Polish VAT compliance?
Researching Polish VAT legislation is the first step to understanding your VAT compliance needs. Avalara has a range of solutions that can help your business depending on where and how you trade.