Poland VAT fraud measures
- Oct 8, 2016 | Richard Asquith
The Polish Ministry of Finance has issued draft measures to help combat VAT fraud. The potential changes, scheduled for January 2017, include:
- Raising the VAT registration threshold from PLN 150,000 to PLN 200,000 per annum
- New guarantee on the refund of VAT credits within 60 days, and 25 days where proof can be provided of payment of the supplier invoices
- Withdrawal of quarterly VAT reporting, except for micro-businesses
- Withdrawing the VAT exemption on outsourced administrative services in the financial services industry
- Extending the domestic reverse charge provision to cover a range of services in the construction sector
- Increased VAT fines on errors
Need a fiscal representative in Poland?
Non-EU businesses selling in Poland will need to appoint a fiscal representative alongside completing VAT registration and returns.
Fiscal representatives are responsible for the accurate VAT submissions of their non-EU clients.
Avalara offers a Fiscal Representative Service as part of its international VAT and GST Registration and Returns Service.
Need help with your Polish VAT compliance?
Researching Polish VAT legislation is the first step to understanding your VAT compliance needs. Avalara has a range of solutions that can help your business depending on where and how you trade.