Saudi Arabia simplified VAT invoice
- 30 January 2018 | Richard Asquith
The Kingdom of Saudi Arabia is relaxing the requirement to produce simplified invoices for B2C sales under the new VAT regime.
Initially following the 1 January 2018 introduction of VAT, simplified VAT invoices could only be produced for all sales below Riyals 1,000. However, the General Authority of Zakat and Tax (GAZT) now states that this is only applies for B2B invoices. Any B2C invoice may be simplified.
Simplified invoices include:
- Date of invoice (and date of supply if different)
- Unique, sequential invoice number
- Name and address of the supplier
- Description and quantity of the goods supplies; nature of services provided
- Gross amount of bill, not detailing the VAT amount
The Saudi Arabian tax authority has published guidance on the reverse charge rules for B2B supplies provided by non-residents. As with most VAT regimes, the...
Following the 1 January 2018 launch of 5% VAT in Saudi Arabia, over 4,700 violations have been found from 12,578 audits of businesses. The figures...
The International Monetary Fund (IMF) has declared that the Arab Gulf states of Bahrain, Qatar, Oman and Kuwait will not be prepared for the launch...