Slovakia VAT update
- May 27, 2017 | Richard Asquith
Slovakia has proposed several changes to its VAT laws which come into effect on 1 January 2018, including:
- The right for the tax authorities to seek a €1,000 VAT deposit for non-incorporated persons seeking VAT registration
- Withdrawal of the €5,000 threshold for application of domestic reverse charge on fraud-susceptible sectors
- Changes to the tourism industry VAT margin scheme
- Limited invoice requirements on non-resident customers of electricity, power and water
- An update to the rules on VAT triangulation on qualifying customer, including ESL obligations
Need help with your Slovakian VAT compliance?
Researching Slovakian VAT legislation is the first step to understanding your VAT compliance needs. Avalara has a range of solutions that can help your business depending on where and how you trade.