Slovenia VAT compliance update
- 2 November 2014 | Richard Asquith
The Slovnian VAT authorities have introduced a range of measures to bring the local VAT law into line with the EU VAT Directive. These changes include:
- Introduction of the domestic reverse charge on carbon trading transactions as an anti-VAT fraud measure
- Updates on the 8th Directive VAT reclaims process
- A requirement for VAT registration by non-resident passengers transporters (e.g. coach companies) carrying passengers across Slovenia.
- Changes for the modifications to the VAT Directive for the 2015 digital services place of supply rules on electronic, broadcast and telecommunications.