Togo VAT registration threshold
- 7 February 2015 | Richard Asquith
The new Finance Act has been passed in Togo, and includes the following amendments to the VAT compliance regime:
- VAT invoices must now include a sequentially unique number
- A pre-prepared invoice format must be used which is available from the tax office.
- The VAT registration threshold has been raised to FCFA 50 million per annum
- An option will be available for voluntary registration for VAT
The standard VAT rate in Togo is 18%, which is towards the higher end of the average VAT rate in Africa. Foreign companies may provide goods or services in Togo via a fiscal representative. Otherwise the customer is required to report the sales VAT.