Turkey improves VAT compliance procedures
- 6 May 2014 | Richard Asquith
Turkey has announced a number of measures to improve the Turkish VAT compliance regime. These include:
- Large taxable persons will now receive their VAT refunds on an accelerated basis
- The Turkish VAT Act will now be consolidated to bring over 100 recent changes into a single act
- An online portal for companies to track the progress of their VAT refunds. Only resident tax payers may apply of VAT refunds
- There will be an improvement of customer service assessments with the tax office.
VP Global Indirect Tax Richard Asquith
Richard Asquith is VP Global Indirect Tax at Avalara, helping businesses understand their compliance obligations as they grow globally. He is part of the European leadership team which this year won International Tax Review's Tax Technology Firm of the Year. Richard qualified as an accountant with KPMG in the UK, and went on to work in Hungary, Russia and France with EY.