Uganda VAT update
- Jun 16, 2018 | Richard Asquith
The Uganda 2018/19 budget contains a range of VAT rule updates, including:
- VAT returns are due on 15thof the month following the reporting period end
- VAT exemptions have been extended to certain construction services
- Key taxpayers will be required to withhold VAT where their customers fail to properly VAT register. There will be a UShs 37.5 million Uganda shillings threshold for such withholdings where the supplier is not VAT registered themselves
- Amendments to the rules on education zero rating
The Uganda 2018/19 budget contains a range of VAT rule updates, including: VAT returns are due on 15thof the month following the reporting period end...
Uganda’s recent 2014/15 budget has brought in a range of goods into the Value Added Tax net and extended the number of goods which are...
The 2015 Uganda Budget has been published this month, which includes a number of changes to the VAT regime. The following supplies are to be...