VAT Forum EU VAT School, Barcelona, 24-29 August 2015
- Jul 17, 2015 | Richard Asquith
There is an increasing demand for higher-level EU VAT training courses. VAT Forum, a partner of Avalara VATLive, already offers some high-level training courses and workshop weeks, but given the apparent demand for a concise, high-level course dealing with the EU VAT Directive and ECJ cases, we have decided to add another type of course to the series of trainings and workshops organised.
The new course is called the ‘EU VAT Summer School’.
Scope of the EU VAT Summer School
During the Summer School, the subjects of the EU VAT Directive which will be dealt with over four days are the following:
- Taxable persons (articles 9 to 13 and article 43)
- Taxable transactions (articles 14 to 30)
- Place of supply of the different taxable transactions (articles 31 to 61)
- Chargeable event and chargeability of VAT (articles 62 to 71)
- Taxable amount (articles 72 to 92)
- Exemptions for intra-Community transactions (articles 138 to 142)
- Right of deduction (articles 167, 167a, 168, 178 to 183)
- Liability to pay VAT (articles 193 to 205)
- Invoicing and storage (articles 217 to 237, and 244 to 249)
Where we deal with the articles of the EU VAT Directive, we will also discuss the articles of the Regulation at the same time.
For two more days after that, ECJ court cases related to the subject dealt with during the previous four days will be discussed. The outcome of the cases will be analysed and their practical impact will be discussed. The outcome of ECJ court cases is often disregarded, not used, or used inappropriately.
The aim is for the participants to be independently able to interpret the conclusion of a decision by the European Court correctly.
Who should attend?
- VAT managers at internationally operating businesses and VAT consultants.
- All participants should be familiar with the structure of the EU VAT Directive and have experience in the field of VAT.
Upon registration, participants should describe their level of experience in (EU) VAT.
- Language: classes are held in English
- Group size: the maximum number of participants is 24
- Venue: Barcelona - Barceló Atenea Mar Hotel
- When: Monday 24 until Saturday 29 August 2015, meaning 6 full days totalling 36 hours of intensive training.