Zambia VAT update
- Nov 19, 2016 | Richard Asquith
The 2017 Budget includes a number of proposed changes to the Zambian VAT rules. These include:
- Abolishment of the group VAT scheme
- Restrictions on the right to deduct input VAT on certain pre-registrations costs
- Introduction on new online filings process
- Reduction in the right to deduct input VAT on certain mobile phones, media equipment, fuels and employee housing
Angola has delayed the introduction of VAT until 1 July 2019. VAT was to be introduced on 1 January 2019, replacing the exiting consumption tax...
The Zambian government has announced in its 2019 Budget on 28 September a withdrawal of its Value Added Tax. Plans in the 2019 Budget include...
South African plans to update the definition of digital services subject to VAT have been delayed from 1 October 2018 to 1 April 2019. In...