Resources for media and press.
Who We Are
Avalara is a leading provider of sales tax and compliance automation services in the cloud. Recognized as one of America’s fastest growing technology companies, we connect into leading ERP and ecommerce software systems that serve millions of small to medium sized businesses.
What We Do
We make sales tax compliance simple and automatic for thousands of customers every day. Our SaaS-based sales tax and compliance automation software solutions span the compliance spectrum; each year these solutions deliver billions of sales tax calculations, manage millions of exemption certificates, file hundreds of thousands of sales tax returns, and remit billions of tax dollars to states nationwide.
How do we do it?
Avalara works within a customer’s own financial, billing, ecommerce, or point of sale system to automate sales and use tax compliance. With one sub-second web call, our service validates the address, pinpoints the location within all relevant taxing jurisdictions, considers state sourcing rules, determines taxability, applies the correct rate, and returns a highly accurate tax decision. Every line of every transaction is stored and immediately available for reporting. Customers can use these reports to file their own returns or have the option of outsourcing the entire process to Avalara.
What problem do we solve?
Manually managing sales is both a financial and time burden. Avalara developed the first automated Software as a Service (SaaS)-based sales tax solution that manages all aspects of the indirect tax compliance process. Our automated services reduce risk and increase efficiency, allowing businesses to focus on what they do best.
What sets us apart?
Avalara’s DNA is technology. We combine our industry leading technology with the best available content to deliver unsurpassed sales tax compliance solutions that are fast, easy, accurate and affordable.
- Founded in 2004
- Employs > 500 people worldwide
- Serves tens of thousands of businesses globally
- Support nearly 100 countries worldwide
- Processes billions of transactions/year
- Remits billions in sales and use tax collections/year
- Manages millions of exemption certificates/year
- Files hundreds of thousands of tax returns/year
- Tracks rates in > 10,000 jurisdictions
- Controls one the largest libraries of statutory sales tax content, enabling tax decisions on millions of products
- Maintains >10 million UPC product codes mapped to location-specific sales tax content
- Works with hundreds of industry partners including solution providers, value added resellers, development and implementation specialists, and accounting service organizations
- Provides pre-built connections into hundreds of platforms, including most major mid-market ERP systems, accounting packages, ecommerce shopping carts, as well as POS systems and mobile platforms
- Avalara Introduces Automated UPC Sales Tax Mapping to its Industry-Leading Compliance Platform Mar 04, 2014
- Avalara Appoints Doug Burgum to Board of Directors Mar 03, 2014
- Pascal Van Dooren, EVP Sales & Marketing at Avalara Recognized as One of CRN’s 2014 Channel Chiefs Feb 26, 2014
- Avalara Announces Strategic Partnership with McGladrey LLP Feb 19, 2014
- Avalara Named to CRN’s Top 100 Coolest Cloud Vendors List Feb 16, 2014
- Avalara Raises $30 Million in a Financing Round Feb 12, 2014
- Avalara Named hybris Extend Solution Partner of the Year at hybris Global Partner Summit Feb 11, 2014
- Avalara’s First-of-its-Kind Tax Forum to Tackle Complex Issues Surrounding Cloud Services & Digital Goods Feb 05, 2014