Sr. Treasury Operations Manager
Finance | Seattle, WA, United StatesApply Now!
The general responsibilities for this position will focus on client tax funding operations, in addition to accounting, managing client banking information and client communications.
- Leads, inspires, and ensures appropriate ownership and accountability in a highly operational and analytical organization.
- Leads across functions (to Sales, Service, Operations) to identify opportunities and implement change throughout the organization.
- Responsible for managing the monthly Treasury Funding cycles across multiple business units and systems
- Responsible for accurate and timely Client Tax Funding procedures and policies
- Responsible for measuring and communicating team performance against established goals, providing guidance and course correction if necessary.
- Responsible for the management and resolution of AR/AP Accounts
- Responsible for the integration of new Returns Business units and systems
- Develops strong business relationships with high profile, high revenue customers to ensure a strong, long-term relationship with Avalara
- Special projects as assigned (i.e. assisting with the integration of newly acquired organizations and the setup of new operations)
- Ability to understand the conceptual basis of accounting guidance as well as mechanics of execution
- Undergraduate degree, prefer Accounting or Finance (MBA is preferred).
- 5 + years finance, banking or tax related experience.
- 3 + years of operational management experience.
- 2 years customer service/communication experience preferred.
- Demonstrated work experience in the areas of treasury or finance operations
- Successful experience leading a high performing team in a high-volume Treasury or Finance organization.
- Demonstrates a sense of urgency to overcome obstacles and achieve measurable results.
- Ability to understand and communicate complicated information to clients in a concise, efficient manner
- Able to demonstrate accuracy and composure under tight deadlines
- Ability to create reconciliations, reporting and analysis utilizing excel, sql or any internal tools.
- Must possess advanced MS Excel modeling and be capable to marry technical and business level input and support on a daily basis
- Aptitude or ability to utilize data mining software/tools (e.g. Monarch, Tableau, SQL, Micro Strategy, etc.) is highly desired
- Work well under pressure and be able to deliver results under tight deadlines
- High quality control standard and good attention to detail
- Inquisitive and Curious
- Disruptor who challenges status quo
- Excels at Relationship Building
- Influential without authority
Collaboration and Partnership