Sr. IT Operations Lead (R3230)
Information Technology | Seattle, WA, United StatesApply Now!
Avalara, Inc., (www.Avalara.com), is the leading provider of cloud-based software that delivers a broad array of compliance solutions related to sales tax and other transactional taxes.
What is it like to work at Avalara? Come find out! We are committed to the following success traits that embody our culture and how we work together to accomplish great things: Fun. Passion. Adaptability. Urgency. Simplicity. Curiosity. Humility. Ownership. Optimism.
We are building cloud-based tax compliance solutions to handle every transaction in the world. Imagine every transaction you make - every tank of gas, cup of coffee, or pair of sneakers, every movie ticket, or streamed song, every sensor-to-sensor ping. Nearly every time you make a purchase, physical or digital, there is an accompanying unique and nuanced tax compliance calculation.
We are seeking a highly motivated, experienced Sr. IT Operations Lead to join our team.
- Work with GSD Director and IT Leadership to drive operational improvement across the Employee Experience, including new hire onboarding, daily ticket management, customer satisfaction, and automation, among others.
- Track and drive GSD effectiveness and overall Employee Experience owning KPIs and utilizing specific metrics including CSAT, FCR, SLA Compliance, and MTTR, among others, to drive continuous improvement.
- Coordinates and owns merger and acquisition activities, across multiple parallel tracks for the Global Service Desk.
- Recommends strategies, hardware/software enhancements, process changes, and automation opportunities to increase employee productivity and decrease the volume of tickets into the service desk.
- Uses deep domain experience to identify issues and opportunities to leverage technologies to improve the overall employee experience.
- Is a player coach, and can dive deep into technologies issues when needed but at the same time, bring the team along to build a stronger bench of troubleshooters and technical experts.
- Ensures the operation is in accordance with the established procedures and practices.
- Monitors performance of support personnel, reviewing response times, incident and request logs, and trends in requests made and incidents reported.
- Works with GSD leadership to select, develop, and evaluate personnel to ensure the efficient and customer centric operation of the service desk.
- Produces and is responsible for the creation of documentation and knowledge articles for internal and external Avalara staff use.
- Manages hardware inventory, ordering, and asset management per established processes and policies.
- Serves as an escalation point for both internal Avalara staff as well as Global service desk team members.
- Provide leadership and mentoring to service desk team members.
Qualifications (absolute must haves walking in the door):
- 5-7 years (or equivalent) experience in enterprise service desk, helpdesk, engineering, or application support team.
- 3-5 years (or equivalent) leadership experience with technology support teams in a globally distributed environment, including driving continual improvement through KPIs and metrics.
- 3-5 years (or equivalent) experience coaching and mentoring junior technical support staff.
- 2-4 years (or equivalent) of experience with mergers, acquisitions and integrations.
- 3-5 years (or equivalent) of project and team task management.
- Experience implementing ITIL best practice aligned processes – Incident, Request, Change, Problem, Knowledge, etc.
- Strong understanding with ITIL v3/v4 fundamentals.
- Excellent communication and people skills with end users, peers, and team members.
- Eagerness to learn, develop, and contribute in a fun, fast-paced environment.
- Self-starter that brings both interpersonal skills and creative problem-solving skills.
- Strong sense of ownership and a desire to drive improvements with systems / processes to improve the employee experience.
- Highly knowledgeable in 2 or more items from each category listed in the “Technologies” section below.
- Core Infrastructure - Windows Server, Linux, Advanced Active directory, DNS, DHCP, DFS, Performance tuning, MDM (JamF, VMWare Workspace One).
- Virtualization - VMware SME, VMware Horizon VDI, Nutanix, AWS EC2
Enterprise Applications - Okta, O365, SQL, Atlassian applications, Configuration management tools, GSuite.
- ITSM Platforms – ServiceNow, Cherwell, BMC, Jira Service Desk.
Preferred Qualifications (great to have but not absolutely necessary)
- ITIL v3/v4 certifications.
- Advanced troubleshooting skills for windows/Mac based platforms, software, end user network equipment, and related systems.
- Demonstrated knowledge of networking and hardware standards.
Avalara helps businesses of all sizes achieve compliance with transactional taxes, including VAT, sales and use, excise, communications, and other tax types. We deliver comprehensive, automated, cloud-based solutions that are fast, accurate, and easy to use.
Avalara offers hundreds of pre-built connectors into leading accounting, ERP, ecommerce and other business applications. Each year, the company processes billions of tax transactions for customers and users, files hundreds of thousands of tax compliance documents and tax returns and manages millions of exemption certificates and other compliance related documents.
Avalara’s headquarters are in Seattle, WA and it has offices across the U.S. and in Brighton and London, England; Brussels, Belgium; and Pune, India. More information at: www.avalara.com
Avalara is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified candidates will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, creed, religion, age, gender, national orientation, disability, sexual orientation, US Veteran status, or any other factor protected by law.