New Zealand invoice requirements
Invoice date of issue and storage
New Zealand GST invoices must be issued within 28 days of the supply of the taxable supplies. They must be retained for a minimum of 7 years for inspection by the Inland Revenue.
GST invoices should show the following information:
- Name, including trading name, and address of supplier and customer
- The words ‘Tax Invoice’ printed
- GST number of the supplier
- Date of invoice
- Description, including quantities/weights etc, of the taxable supplies
- Taxable amount, GST added, gross amount
- Foreign currency invoices must declare any currency conversion rate which should be set at the time of supply
Invoices below NZD 1,000 can exclude the name and address of the customer, plus the detailed GST calculation.
No tax invoice is required for supplies of NZD 50 (excluding GST) or less.
Latest New Zealander news
May 1, 2018
New Zealand is considering withdrawing its low-value consignment stock threshold for import Goods and Services Tax from 1 October 2019. The proposed measure would help...
April 5, 2018
Overview This release is a maintenance release of the VAT Reporting application for the month March. It includes changes to reports, modifications and bug....
July 3, 2017
Spain SII Updates: From July 1st, SII is officially live. In order to submit all the invoices to the Spanish authorities, we have updated the...