Kenya VAT update
- Jul 1, 2019 | Richard Asquith
Kenya is to introduce a range of changes to its VAT regime as per its recent Finance Bill 2019/20. This includes:
- Rate of withholding VAT will be cut to 2% from 6%
- Supplies to consumer via foreign digital marketplaces will be liable to VAT
- A range of supplies will be exempted from VAT, including: certain agricultural supplies; commercial batteries; IT infrastructure; and equipment for recycling
- VAT on imported services will be due on supplies to unregistered tax persons
Sign up for our free newsletter stay up-to-date with the latest tax news.
Sign-up to VAT Voice, Avalara’s monthly round-up about VAT and legislation updates to help you stay ahead of the curve.