Kenya VAT update
- Jul 1, 2019 | Richard Asquith
Kenya is to introduce a range of changes to its VAT regime as per its recent Finance Bill 2019/20. This includes:
- Rate of withholding VAT will be cut to 2% from 6%
- Supplies to consumer via foreign digital marketplaces will be liable to VAT
- A range of supplies will be exempted from VAT, including: certain agricultural supplies; commercial batteries; IT infrastructure; and equipment for recycling
- VAT on imported services will be due on supplies to unregistered tax persons
Register now for instant access to over 30 hours of recorded webinars with global tax experts and our latest resources covering the most important issues facing your business right now and for 2021.
Sign up for our free newsletter stay up-to-date with the latest tax news.
Stay ahead of the curve, sign-up to VAT Voice, our essential monthly round-up of VAT, GST and legislation news