Saudi Arabia VAT rating update
- 13 November 2017 | Richard Asquith
The Saudi Arabian tax office (GAZT) has provided further details on the VAT zero-rating and exemptions of a number of supplies. These include:
- High-purity supplies of gold and silver precious metals
- Medical supplies provided by the Ministry of Health
- Issuance, transfer, or receipt of finance services, including loans, credit cards, mortgages, finance leases, banknotes and bank accounts
- Provisions of credit or life insurance contracts
- Rental of residential real estate
Join Philippe Norré, Head, KPMG and Colin Matthews, Avalara for a short webinar to run through the latest VAT developments in Saudi Arabia.
Watch VAT in Saudi Arabia: New draft legislation and regulations part I on demand now.
The Saudi Arabian tax authority has published guidance on the reverse charge rules for B2B supplies provided by non-residents. As with most VAT regimes, the...
Following the 1 January 2018 launch of 5% VAT in Saudi Arabia, over 4,700 violations have been found from 12,578 audits of businesses. The figures...
The International Monetary Fund (IMF) has declared that the Arab Gulf states of Bahrain, Qatar, Oman and Kuwait will not be prepared for the launch...