Swiss VAT changes
- Oct 6, 2016 | Richard Asquith
The Swiss Parliament has ratified a number of changes to the VAT Act, effective 1 January 2018.
- Applying the reduced 2.5% VAT rate to online media
- The place of supply for domestic electricity, gas and telephony becomes the residency of the consumer
- Introduction of a CHF 100,000 VAT registration threshold for branches of public authorities supplying other public bodies
- Withdrawals of the CHF 100,000 VAT registration for non-resident service providers (1 January 2018)
- Real estate option to tax invoices requires that the VAT number of the provider and the VAT calculation to be clearly shown
- Changes to the VAT calculation on the art and antiques sales margin scheme
Need help with your Swiss VAT compliance?
Researching Swiss VAT legislation is the first step to understanding your VAT compliance needs. Avalara has a range of solutions that can help your business depending on where and how you trade.