Workplace Experience | Seattle, WA, United StatesApply Now!
We are seeking an experienced, collaborative, and highly motivated Facilities Manager to join our team. As the Facilities Manager in our Seattle, WA office, you will have the overall responsibility for overseeing the implementation and execution of policies, procedures and programs that will assure a well-managed, well-maintained facility. In this role, you will report to the regional Manager, Workplace Services and be part of the overall Workplace Experience Team.
Avalara is a fast paced, dynamic environment where we welcome and value unique perspectives and insights, believing our winning culture sets us apart. You must be energetic, possess a positive can-do attitude, love working with people, and not be afraid to jump in and roll-up your sleeves to get things done. We live by our Success Traits: Ownership, Simplicity, Passion, Urgency, Adaptability, Curiosity and Fun.
- Act as the Property Management main point of contact to ensure timely, accurate processing of all work orders and monitor for completion
- Implement and execute PPM (Planned Preventative Maintenance) plan to ensure that the facility is thoroughly cleaned, maintained and functional
- Schedule and supervise maintenance repair work negotiating bids and contracts
- Maintain relationships with vendors and staff to ensure projects are on time, on budget and completed to satisfaction
- Identify, recommend and implement changes to improve workplace safety, cleanliness and other facility related aspects
- Lead site level safety programs; comply with local regulations and standards
- Maintain facilities stock and supply levels; source and order equipment when needed
- Conduct and document regular facility inspections to identify and resolve issues
- Report and review facility-related budgets, purchases, contracts, and expenditures
- Allocate and manage space plan for maximum efficiency assisting with renovations and build-outs
- Provide prompt response to requests and issues determining the cause and solution
- Additional duties may include return to work execution (hot desks, seating allocation, meeting rooms, PPE), remote office support, meeting room set-up (including catering, arranging furniture, and AV support), light handyman tasks
- 3+ years proven facilities management and maintenance experience with a working knowledge of general maintenance methods, operating requirements and health and safety regulations
- Strong sense of ownership to successfully operate in a very fast-paced, high-tech environment always thinking one-step ahead
- Experience effectively managing projects from start to finish
- Ability to interface will all levels, manage competing stakeholder priorities, and meet deadlines
- Strong interpersonal, verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to problem solve offering creative solutions
- Detail oriented, with strong organizational and analytical skills
- Knowledge of basic accounting and finance principles including strong procurement and negotiation skills
- Ability to physically bend, stand, squat, and lift up to 35+ pounds
- Proficient with Microsoft Office and Google Suite
- BS/BA in Facility Management, Facilities Engineering, Business Administration or relevant field of study. Professional qualification (eg. CFM) is a plus
Avalara helps businesses of all sizes achieve compliance with transaction taxes, including sales and use, VAT, excise, communications, and other tax types. The company delivers comprehensive, automated, cloud-based solutions designed to be fast, accurate, and easy to use. The Avalara Compliance Cloud® platform helps customers manage complicated and burdensome tax compliance obligations imposed by state, local, and other taxing authorities throughout the world.
Avalara offers more than 600 pre-built connectors into leading accounting, ERP, ecommerce and other business applications, making the integration of tax and compliance solutions easy for customers. Each year, the company processes billions of indirect tax transactions for customers and users, files more than a million tax returns, and manages millions of tax exemption certificates and other compliance documents.
Headquartered in Seattle, Avalara has offices across the U.S. and overseas in the U.K., Belgium, Brazil, and India. More information at www.avalara.com
Avalara is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified candidates will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, creed, religion, age, gender, national orientation, disability, sexual orientation, US Veteran status, or any other factor protected by law.