Sr. Audit Analyst
Finance | Seattle, WA, United StatesApply Now!
Avalara is seeking a Senior Audit & Control Analyst to join our Global Client Payments team! This unique position will be vital in the development of the Operational Audits over Avalara's Global Client Payments team and its operations. You will be implementing and establishing policies, best practices, and standards for our Global Payment services. We are looking for someone who can develop solid working relationships with internal and external stakeholders and serve as a trusted advisor, and someone who can be an internal auditor for the operational teams. If you want to join a growing company and help shape our Global Payments Operations team, this position is for you.
- Develop and maintain standardized best practices, policies, and systems for Global Client Payments audit team.
- Assist in the development of a risk-based audit plan focused on Global Payment operations
- Develop project objects, scope and audit programs.
- Perform Financial and IT SOX controls and audits as part of Avalara's SOX program that governs Global Client Payment processes and controls.
- Perform NACHA and banking related controls and audits.
- Perform Operational audits around the Global Client Payments treasury operations.
- Work closely with Internal Audit team on all audit planning and control testing activities.
- Prepare clear, concise written reports on audit results and findings.
- Support operational systems and bank account provisioning and audit processes.
- Work closely with process owners to ensure corrective action plans are in place to remediate gaps or deficiencies.
- Perform follow up audits to ensure remediation of findings and report the status of remediation efforts.
- Support the Internal and External Audit teams where applicable.
- Assist in the coordination with external auditors on their annual audit plan and facilitate with the affected teams to minimize the impact.
- Assist with internal investigations regarding financial reporting matters as they arise.
- Provide audit perspective to special projects assigned, including ACH Rules Compliance, business and asset acquisitions, financing transactions.
- Bachelor's degree in Accounting, Finance or a related field required. Master's in Audit, Accounting or Business preferred
- Certified Public Accountant (CPA) or Certified Internal Auditor (CIA) credential required. Certification in Risk Management Assurance (CRMA), Certified Information Systems Auditor (CISA) or other related certification preferred
- Public company experience strongly desired
- Five or more years related job experience, including experience in public accounting.
- Financial Operations audit experience
- Proven and thorough knowledge of US GAAP, COSO internal control framework, PCAOB audit standards, and other regulatory requirements
- Outstanding knowledge of internal control concepts and experience evaluating and determining the adequacy of controls
- Experience with Galvanize Highbond and ACL Analytics strongly preferred
- Effective oral and written communication skills with the ability to connect with individuals at all levels in the organization
- Critical qualities to be successful include:
- Excellent analytical skills
- Effectively able to direct and prioritize multiple and complex projects to completion within deadlines
- Strong attention to detail
- Encourage and demonstrate a spirit of continuous improvement
- High integrity and ethical standards
Avalara helps businesses of all sizes achieve compliance with transaction taxes, including sales and use, VAT, excise, communications, and other tax types. The company delivers comprehensive, automated, cloud-based solutions designed to be fast, accurate, and easy to use. The Avalara Compliance Cloud® platform helps customers manage complicated and burdensome tax compliance obligations imposed by state, local, and other taxing authorities throughout the world.
Avalara offers more than 600 pre-built connectors into leading accounting, ERP, ecommerce and other business applications, making the integration of tax and compliance solutions easy for customers. Each year, the company processes billions of indirect tax transactions for customers and users, files more than a million tax returns, and manages millions of tax exemption certificates and other compliance documents.
Headquartered in Seattle, Avalara has offices across the U.S. and overseas in the U.K., Belgium, Brazil, and India. More information at www.avalara.com
Avalara is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified candidates will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, creed, religion, age, gender, national orientation, disability, sexual orientation, US Veteran status, or any other factor protected by law.