Sr. Product Manager, DAVO (R2463)
Product Management | Seattle, WA, United States,Durham, NC, United States,Westbrook, ME, United StatesApply Now!
Avalara, Inc., (www.Avalara.com), is the leading provider of cloud-based software that delivers a broad array of compliance solutions related to sales tax and other transactional taxes.
What is it like to work at Avalara? Come find out! We are committed to the following success traits that embody our culture and how we work together to accomplish great things: Fun. Passion. Adaptability. Urgency. Simplicity. Curiosity. Humility. Ownership. Optimism.
We are building cloud-based tax compliance solutions to handle every transaction in the world. Imagine every transaction you make - every tank of gas, cup of coffee, or pair of sneakers, every movie ticket, or streamed song, every sensor-to-sensor ping. Nearly every time you make a purchase, physical or digital, there is an accompanying unique and nuanced tax compliance calculation.
We are seeking a highly motivated, experienced Sr. Product Manager to join our team.
Position Overview/ Job Summary:
Senior Product Managers work with Avalara's product teams, engineering teams, and business leaders to define the future direction and scope for our tax return and compliance services. These services are the backbone of our compliance services and critical to Avalara's end-to-end product offerings.
This role will lead Product for a new and strategically-positioned Avalara product. The role can be based in the Durham (NC), Seattle (WA) or Westbrook (ME) offices, or remote in the US.
What you’ll do:
- Work with target and existing customers to understand product opportunities
- Be / become an expert in your product's space
- Articulate a clear and compelling product strategy that synthesizes customer needs, market dynamics, and business requirements
- Create prioritized roadmaps that deliver customer value
- Define metrics that measure the success of products, and use these metrics to drive business outcomes
- Develop clear, detailed, and actionable product requirements in partnership with Design / UX
- Serve as agile product owner to ensure engineering execution aligns with your roadmap
- Build alignment and collaborate effectively with other internal stakeholders to ensure effective customer-facing launches and a great end-to-end customer experience
- Drive strategic cross-product and cross-functional initiatives that will help transform Avalara's business and improve the customer experience
What you’ll bring to the role:
- 3-5+ years' experience as a SaaS product manager leading products at multiple lifecycle stages; facing multiple business challenges such as high growth, quick time to market, quality, and technology migrations; and serving customer bases that span small business owners, SMB, and enterprise as well as mass-market and vertical niches
- Experience with agile development methodologies, the Product Owner role, and commonly used tools such as Jira, Confluence, etc.
- Experience with exploratory customer research to uncover unmet needs
- Hands-on experience using major analytics tools; SQL experience is a plus
- Team player who is able to drive results through influence and enthusiasm
- Exceptional written and oral communication skills, with experience conducting executive-level briefings and demos both internally and with customers
- Degree in a relevant field (e.g., accounting, business, computer science); MBA desirable
- Experience working in both startups and large companies
- Experience with multi-channel businesses (e.g., brick and mortar retailers that also sell online)
- Familiarity with sales tax
- Experience working with partners and 3rd party developers
- Experience as an entrepreneur
Avalara helps businesses of all sizes achieve compliance with transactional taxes, including VAT, sales and use, excise, communications, and other tax types. We deliver comprehensive, automated, cloud-based solutions that are fast, accurate, and easy to use.
Avalara offers hundreds of pre-built connectors into leading accounting, ERP, ecommerce and other business applications. Each year, the company processes billions of tax transactions for customers and users, files hundreds of thousands of tax compliance documents and tax returns and manages millions of exemption certificates and other compliance related documents.
Avalara’s headquarters are in Seattle, WA and it has offices across the U.S. and in Brighton and London, England; Brussels, Belgium; and Pune, India. More information at: www.avalara.com
Avalara is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified candidates will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, creed, religion, age, gender, national orientation, disability, sexual orientation, US Veteran status, or any other factor protected by law.