Sr. Product Manager - Integrations
Product Management | Seattle, WA, United States,Durham, NC, United StatesApply Now!
Avalara, Inc., (www.Avalara.com), is the leading provider of cloud-based software that delivers a broad array of compliance solutions related to sales tax and other transactional taxes.
What is it like to work at Avalara? Come find out! We are committed to the following success traits that embody our culture and how we work together to accomplish great things: Fun. Passion. Adaptability. Urgency. Simplicity. Curiosity. Humility. Ownership. Optimism.
We are building cloud-based tax compliance solutions to handle every transaction in the world. Imagine every transaction you make - every tank of gas, cup of coffee, or pair of sneakers, every movie ticket, or streamed song, every sensor-to-sensor ping. Nearly every time you make a purchase, physical or digital, there is an accompanying unique and nuanced tax compliance calculation.
We are seeking a highly motivated, experienced Sr. Product Manager, Integrations to join our team.
Product Managers work with Avalara's product teams to define the future direction and scope for our compliance products and services. These services are the backbone of our services and critical to Avalara's end-to-end product offerings.
We are looking for a dynamic, experienced, self-motivated Product Manager who will know what it takes to integrate Tax Automation capabilities for accounting, ERP, eComm or CRM platforms.
As the product manager you will own the discipline of embedding Sales Tax, VAT, Consumer Use Tax, and Global Tax functionality for Avalara's connector program. You will work with a cross-functional geographically dispersed team, document and track of all product requirements, work with Avalara's internal teams and external partners and customers to ensure product fit for use cases and requirements. You will be supported by a team that includes, program management, engineering, and Avalara's customer support and training teams.
The Product Manager for Integrations you will work with Avalara's product and development teams in Pune and around the world to define and maintain our standards for enterprise class features and functionality in ERP, and eComm platforms. As AvaTax continues to grow in depth and breadth of content, this role is critical to our continued success (the Avalara moat) and ensuring we deliver world-class integrations on a wide array of ERP, eComm, POS and CRM platforms.
- Keep up to date with the ever-changing SaaS ERP, eComm platform space, specifically SAP, Workday Financials, QuickBooks, and other ERP platforms
- Articulate a clear and compelling product strategy that synthesizes customer needs, market dynamics, and business requirements
- Establish and execute on a roadmap that stays in line both with the account platform's roadmap and the Avalara product roadmap
- Research and write detailed product requirements including but not limited to user stories for engineering to execute against
- Collaborate with the Customer Learning, Training, Implementation, Support, Engineering, and Product Management organizations to identify dependencies and navigate priorities to meet roadmap commitments
- Drive critical issues to resolution, internally and with partners and customers, acting as a primary point of escalation for stakeholders
- Collaborate with Marketing, Sales, Legal and Business Development teams to create powerful app store listings and marketing plans
- 5+ years overall professional career experience with a mix of startup and big company perspectives
- 3+ years of experience as a SaaS product manager
- Strong knowledge of Accounting, ERP and eCommerce, and Retail business workflows. Experience with SAP and/or Workday Financials a plus.
- Experience with agile development methodologies, the Product Owner role, and commonly used tools such as Jira, Confluence, etc.
- Experience with customer journey maps to define end-to-end customer experiences
- Demonstrated experience partnering cross-functionally
- Ability to deliver requirements appropriate for the project at hand
- Strong attention to detail
- Hands-on experience using major analytics tools; SQL experience is a plus
- Team player able to drive results through influence and enthusiasm
- Exceptional written and oral communication skills, with experience conducting small-group briefings and demos both internally and with customers
- Bachelor's Degree in a relevant field (accounting, business, or computer science)
- Experience with tax automation products for ERP, eCommerce platforms, and other financial systems
- Familiarity with accounting and transaction tax compliance concepts (i.e. sales tax returns)
- Experience working with partners and 3rd party developers
- Experience developing applications based on an API.
Avalara helps businesses of all sizes achieve compliance with transactional taxes, including VAT, sales and use, excise, communications, and other tax types. We deliver comprehensive, automated, cloud-based solutions that are fast, accurate, and easy to use.
Avalara offers hundreds of pre-built connectors into leading accounting, ERP, ecommerce and other business applications. Each year, the company processes billions of tax transactions for customers and users, files hundreds of thousands of tax compliance documents and tax returns and manages millions of exemption certificates and other compliance related documents.
Avalara’s headquarters are in Seattle, WA and it has offices across the U.S. and in Brighton and London, England; Brussels, Belgium; and Pune, India. More information at: www.avalara.com
Avalara is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified candidates will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, creed, religion, age, gender, national orientation, disability, sexual orientation, US Veteran status, or any other factor protected by law.