Sr. Product Manager - Cross-Border
Product Management | Ontario, CanadaApply Now!
Avalara, Inc., (www.Avalara.com), is the leading provider of cloud-based software that delivers a broad array of compliance solutions related to sales tax and other transactional taxes.
What is it like to work at Avalara? Come find out! We are committed to the following success traits that embody our culture and how we work together to accomplish great things: Fun. Passion. Adaptability. Urgency. Simplicity. Curiosity. Humility. Ownership. Optimism.
We are building cloud-based tax compliance solutions to handle every transaction in the world. Imagine every transaction you make - every tank of gas, cup of coffee, or pair of sneakers, every movie ticket, or streamed song, every sensor-to-sensor ping. Nearly every time you make a purchase, physical or digital, there is an accompanying unique and nuanced tax compliance calculation.We are seeking a highly motivated, experienced Sr. Product Manager to join our team.
As a Cross-Border Product Manager, you will own and drive programs that position Avalara as the leading Cross-Border service provider. Specifically, you will focus on applying our Cross-Border capabilities to the International Parcel Shipping community. This includes Postal Operation, Couriers and Customs Brokers.
Beyond delivering value through our HS Classification, Duty & Tax Calculation and Trade Restrictions management services, you will be charting new products and features around Financial Control tools to help customers who are shipping DDP internationally and have challenges around order profitability eroded through surprise accessorial charges.
You will work with a cross-functional and geographically dispersed team, document and track all product requirements, drive efficiencies through automation, quantify and measure key product metrics, and ensure customer value is optimized. You will have ownership for product success and be supported by a matrixed team.
What you'll bring to the role:
- 5+ years overall professional career experience with a mix of startup and big company perspectives
- 3+ years experience as a SaaS product manager
- 3+ years experience in the international logistics industry working with fulfillment, shipping, cross-docking or customs brokerage operations
- Experience with agile development methodologies, the Product Owner role, and commonly used tools such as Jira, Confluence, etc.
- Experience with customer journey maps to define end-to-end customer experiences
- Demonstrated experience partnering cross-functionally
- Ability to deliver requirements appropriate for the project at hand
- Strong attention to detail
- Hands-on experience analyzing data and deriving outcomes
- Team player able to drive results through influence and enthusiasm
- Exceptional written and oral communication skills, with experience conducting small-group briefings and demos both internally and with customers
- Bachelor's Degree in a relevant field (accounting, business, management or computer science)
- Experience with Courier Importation invoicing dynamics and challenges
- Experience with tax automation products, ERP, eCommerce platforms, and other financial systems
- Familiarity with accounting and transaction tax compliance concepts (i.e., sales tax returns)
- Experience working with partners and 3rd party developers.
Avalara helps businesses of all sizes achieve compliance with transactional taxes, including VAT, sales and use, excise, communications, and other tax types. We deliver comprehensive, automated, cloud-based solutions that are fast, accurate, and easy to use.
Avalara offers hundreds of pre-built connectors into leading accounting, ERP, ecommerce and other business applications. Each year, the company processes billions of tax transactions for customers and users, files hundreds of thousands of tax compliance documents and tax returns and manages millions of exemption certificates and other compliance related documents.
Avalara’s headquarters are in Seattle, WA and it has offices across the U.S. and in Brighton and London, England; Brussels, Belgium; and Pune, India. More information at: www.avalara.com
Avalara is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified candidates will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, creed, religion, age, gender, national orientation, disability, sexual orientation, US Veteran status, or any other factor protected by law.