Senior Product Marketing Manager
Marketing | Remote, United States,Seattle, WA, United StatesApply Now!
Avalara is a dynamic B2B SaaS company based in Seattle that provides cloud-based software for sales tax and other indirect taxes. We are pioneering technologies to make the complicated world of sales tax easier for our customers.
The product marketing organization is responsible for defining product portfolio, customer segmentation, market sizing, buyer personas, buyer journeys, messaging & positioning, customer-facing collateral, competitive analysis, field communication, win-loss interviews, customer evidence and product launch activities.
This product marketing role provides an opportunity to design and own the execution of a range of go-to-market, sales enablement and messaging & positioning initiatives for Avalara's core product suite.
The ideal candidate for this role thrives in a dynamic, fast-paced and innovative environment, and brings a breadth of hands-on experience product marketing. In this role you will be responsible for developing deep customer insights and translating those into hard-hitting messaging & positioning frameworks and a wide range of customer and sales-facing collateral. You will serve as the go-to source for go-to-market planning and sales enablement. You will collaborate cross-functionally with Avalara's GMs, Product Management, Marketing and Sales teams to enable decision making based on solid quantitative analysis and data-driven insights.
- Work very closely with product management, engineering, sales and marketing teams to orchestrate launch of new products into market
- Develop messaging/positioning, sales talk-tracks, customer presentations, case studies and other collateral for new and existing products
- Develop a deep understanding of our customer segments and buyer personals to differentiate our content value proposition
- Analyze the competitive landscape and prepare field and sales organizations for addressing competitive situations
- Identify need and manage the development of sales enablement tools
- Participate in development of session content for industry or customer conferences
- Partner with product management for upcoming product/feature launches; develop sales training materials and orchestrate & execute field training
- Work across all of Avalara's products and geographies to provide strategic support to demand generation, corporate marketing, field teams and the sales organization.
- Bachelor's Degree
- 5+ years in a product marketing role in the technology/SaaS industry
- Relentless focus on direct and indirect customer interaction to understand and synthesize customer needs and pain points
- Ability to collaborate with multiple internal organizations, including sales and product management to drive company success
- Effective storyteller and prolific content creator.
- Highly adaptable and self-driven marketer who has the ability to navigate a fast-changing environment
- Strong analytical abilities to develop insights by combining sales and marketing data with data from other sources
- Strong communication skills, both verbal as well as written, to craft and articulate compelling stories for B2B technology products
- Must have the ability to create tangible marketing deliverables as well as be a strategic thinker
- Quick study; proven ability to quickly build understanding of new markets/industries, products and customer scenarios.
- Experience in product management or development
- Accounting or finance background
- Content strategy or content creator