Manager, Financial Reporting
Finance | Remote, WA, United StatesApply Now!
We are looking for a Manager, Financial Services to join our team to lead the Finance team with managing financial data and utilize an end to end view of transaction and data flows to drive efficiency and control throughout the company.
The Financial Services Manager is expected to lead a highly proficient and efficient team, partnering closely with Finance Operations, Treasury, FP&A, External Reporting, and other teams across the Accounting & Finance organization.
Duties and responsibilities to include but not limited to:
- Manage the Company's external SEC financial reporting process (Form 10-K's, 10-Q's, etc.), including XBRL
- Support Investor Relations with quarterly Earnings Release and financial schedules, including filing of Form 8-K
- Prepare and/or review quarterly and annual financial statements
- Ensure compliance with all U.S. GAAP and SEC disclosure requirements
- Monitor FASB and SEC activities to identify any potential impact of new pronouncements and prepare technical accounting standard updates on a quarterly basis to management.
- Perform independent technical accounting research and document conclusions in memoranda
- Prepare and/or review journal entries and reconciliations in assigned areas such as stock-based compensation, leases, internally developed software, etc. for month-end close
- Prepare and/or review business combination accounting, purchase price allocation, and related journal entries as needed
- Design and monitor effectiveness of internal controls related to compliance with Sarbanes-Oxley
- Support the annual audit and quarterly review activities with external auditors
- Support tests performed by internal and external auditors on internal controls
- Partner with the accounting and finance department to create a high-performance team capable of meeting the Company's and the department's objectives
- Supervise and develop other team members, which includes ensuring direct reports have the appropriate skills and support to achieve their objectives
Our preferred candidate will have:
- B.A. in Accounting or Finance required, MBA or Master's Degree in Accounting preferred
- CPA license
- Public company and Big 4 experience desired
- 5+ years related job experience, including public accounting experience
- Ability to manage multiple priorities, work cross-functionally and meet tight filing deadlines
- Excellent analytical skills and technical accounting knowledge; excellent decision-making skills with the ability to multi-task; ability to meet deadlines with a strong attention to detail
- Encourage and demonstrate a spirit of continuous improvement
- Effective oral and written communication skills with ability to connect with individuals at all levels in the organization; ability to gather and assess relevant information and come to well-reasoned conclusions and solutions.
- Capacity to participate and contribute effectively as a member of the finance team
Avalara helps businesses of all sizes achieve compliance with transaction taxes, including sales and use, VAT, excise, communications, and other tax types. The company delivers comprehensive, automated, cloud-based solutions designed to be fast, accurate, and easy to use. The Avalara Compliance Cloud® platform helps customers manage complicated and burdensome tax compliance obligations imposed by state, local, and other taxing authorities throughout the world.
Avalara offers more than 600 pre-built connectors into leading accounting, ERP, ecommerce and other business applications, making the integration of tax and compliance solutions easy for customers. Each year, the company processes billions of indirect tax transactions for customers and users, files more than a million tax returns, and manages millions of tax exemption certificates and other compliance documents.
Headquartered in Seattle, Avalara has offices across the U.S. and overseas in the U.K., Belgium, Brazil, and India. More information at www.avalara.com
Avalara is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified candidates will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, creed, religion, age, gender, national orientation, disability, sexual orientation, US Veteran status, or any other factor protected by law.