Senior Technical Lead - Data Platform
Engineering | Pune, MH, IndiaApply Now!
- Design and develop high-volume, distributed mission critical data services
- Design flexible & extensive data models and make effective use of database technology
- Design meaningful and intuitive APIs for data access and management adhering to API standards
- Read and understand requirements and search out ways to “go big” to solve the underlying problems
- Address complex architectural problems with simple, intuitive design
- Work across all phases of the development lifecycle (planning, design, implementation, testing, deployment and support)
- Ensure data quality, security and privacy via data hygiene and lifecycle management
- Ensure best coding practice, design principles are adopted and followed
- Champion design initiatives by working with architecture group
- Mentor and guide team members on daily activities
- Play the role of scrum master and ensure all agile practices are being followed
- Four year bachelor's degree or higher in computer science or engineering is required
- Minimum of 12+ years of experience in a software development role, shipping complex applications to large scale production environments
- Experience with .NET Core development
- Proficient in design and development of scalable web services - gRPC experience a plus
- Proficient in distributed, OLTP, fault tolerant systems at scale, including global deployments
- Demonstrable mastery of at least one language (C#, Java, C++)
- Proficient with SQL / NoSQL database technologies (MongoDB, SQL Server, Postgres, DynamoDB)
- Experience developing highly scalable ingestion and data processing near real-time pipelines using cloud technologies like Kinesis/Kafka, Data Lake/S3.
- Familiarity with OLAP / Big data technologies (Snowflake, PowerBI tools)
- Exposure to Cloud technologies (AWS, Azure, Google Cloud) & DevOps.
- Experience building platforms and libraries that are self-contained, extendable and ready for wide scale consumption
- Demonstrate knowledge to build CI\\CD pipeline (GitLab, Terraform)
- Familiar with containerization technologies (Docker, Kubernetes, ECS)
- Familiarity with Data governance, data lifecycle management process
- Experience with monitoring and alerting tools, and analyzing system metrics to determine root cause analysis
Avalara is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified candidates will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, creed, religion, age, gender, national orientation, disability, sexual orientation, US Veteran status, or any other factor protected by law.