Senior Software Engineer- C# (R3048)
Engineering | Pune, MH, IndiaApply Now!
- Come up with technical designs for new features
- Implement technical features
- Maintain overall product quality by fixing bugs and improving performance
- Perform code reviews and ensure coding standards and practices.
- Follow agile/scrum processes
- Support QA processes and deployments
- Minimum of 3 years of software development experience
- Previous experience working within an agile team is essential
- Outstanding problem solving and debugging skills
- Strong understanding of object-oriented design & development and common design patterns
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Professional demeanor, team player, and a positive attitude
- Ability to adapt to changing priorities
- Strong attention to detail
- Ability to work within a dispersed non co-located team
- Experience writing unit and integration tests
- Expert level proficiency in .Net C#
- Strong knowledge of server-side programming models and REST API standards
- Working knowledge of Cloud Platforms (preferably AWS)
- Experience with CI/CD pipelines
- Experience using Git Source Control
- Good to have - working knowledge of web scraping frameworks like Selenium
We're building cloud-based tax compliance solutions to handle every transaction in the world.
Imagine every transaction you make — every tank of gas, cup of coffee, or pair of sneakers, every movie ticket, meal kit, or streamed song, every sensor-to-sensor ping. Nearly every time you make a purchase, physical or digital, there's an accompanying unique and nuanced tax compliance calculation.
The logic behind calculating taxes — the rules, rates, and boundaries — is a global, layered, three-dimensional mess of complexity, with compliance dictated by governments and applied by every business, every day.
Avalara works with businesses of all sizes, all over the world — from corner stores to gigantic global retailers — to calculate tax accurately and automatically, at speeds measured in milliseconds.
That's a massive technical challenge, in terms of scale, reliability, and complexity, and we do it better than anyone. That's why we're growing fast.
Headquartered in Seattle, Avalara has offices across the U.S. and around the world, in Belgium, Brazil, Canada, India, and the U.K.
Avalara is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified candidates will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, creed, religion, age, gender, national orientation, disability, sexual orientation, or any other factor protected by law.