Sr. Software Engineer, AvaTax (R1806)
Engineering | Durham, NC, United StatesApply Now!
The Avalara engineering team is looking for software engineers to join our team! A successful candidate will have a history of architecting enterprise level, 24*7, cloud-based SaaS web applications and becoming the go-to person within an organization. Come join us as we drive towards our goals for high through-put, real time tax calculations in the cloud for the telecommunications industry!
- Expansion of our .NET Core web application using the latest AWS technologies to provide a secure and best in class user experience for our customers
- Performance tuning and streamlining processes with focus on through-put and reliability
- Designing, expanding, and maintaining scalable reporting systems which manage millions of monthly data records
- Production support, including an on-call rotation
- Stay abreast in new technologies including AWS, .NET & database systems
- Be introspective, always trying to improve yourself and the team around you
Qualifications (absolute must haves walking in the door)
- Bachelor of Science in Computer Science
- 5+ years’ experience in software engineering
- Proven, real world experience in architecting and maintaining big data, enterprise level applications
- In-depth experience with relational databases such as SQL and PostgreSQL, NoSQL databases such as Elasticsearch, and distributed storage & computing systems such as Hadoop
- Knowledge and experience with data warehouses such as Snowflake, BigQuery, Redshift.
- Experienced in working with Docker and Kubernetes.
- Proven, real world experience with concepts such as real-time streaming, batch processing, queuing.
- Familiarity with SQL Server and the ability to work efficiently within a C, C++, and C# based application suite.
- AWS: S3, RDS, EC2, ECS, Aurora Postgres
- Understanding of security protocols and best practices
Preferred Qualifications (great to have but not absolutely necessary)
- Experience in supporting both a SaaS and on-premise products
- Experience with the telecom industry with a focus on taxation
- CI/CD experience using automation tools such as Jenkins, Gitlab pipelines, etc.