Partner Technical Account Manager
Customer Support | Remote, NC, United States,Remote, WA, United StatesApply Now!
ESSENTIAL DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
Provide Technical Support for Authorized Partners:
- Support accounting firms on the use of purchased products, which are likely to encompass Returns Console, CertCapture, Avalara License Manager, or others as determined as part of the Avalara for Accountants program.
- Support firms during preparation and filing of returns forms
- Manage a select group of accounting firms as their primary point of contact
- Escalate as necessary to appropriate departments (Compliance, Engineering) and manage escalations to minimize the impact on Firm's ability to deliver filing services.
- Create knowledgebase articles and documentation where applicable
- May require supporting partners on other Avalara products or connectors as part of the broader “Partner Success” umbrella
Provide Proactive Management:
- Identify partner challenges and mitigate where applicable by providing awareness, training and tools.
- Host proactive support planning meetings intended to avoid future support requests/escalations.
- Perform as a partner advocate and liaison with design, development, product and support teams for all partner issues. Provide voice of the partner and voice of the customer perspective to drive product improvement.
- Seek opportunities to become technically conversant in the existing and new product offerings, then transfer this knowledge to partners, enabling them to better support their customers.
- Collaborate with instructional designer to develop a certification program for Firms
- Establish trusted advisor relationship with key partner contacts.
- Maintain timely knowledge of partners' Avalara-related offerings, current and future.
Required Skills & Abilities:
- Experience as a Tax Manager or Tax Consultant, including the filing of returns, assessment of and mitigation of risk around sales and local taxes (SALT).
- Demonstrated ability to think strategically, solve problems effectively and tenaciously follow-through to ensure client success.
- Results-oriented with strong people and time management skills, highly organized, motivated and driven to succeed.
- Strong ability to understand and conceptualize accounting and tax processes and procedures.
- Experience working with clients at all organizational levels with a high degree of professionalism and business acumen.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills are required with a demonstrated ability to work with cross-functional teams.
- Teamwork-oriented with a strong focus on customer satisfaction and business development.
- Demonstrated ability to operate independently, take initiative and make business decisions to minimize risk and improve the business and financial success of partners or customers.
- Exceptional customer and/or partner relationship management
- Ability to demonstrate examples of key Avalara Success Traits related to success in this position: Ownership, Urgency, Humility, Simplicity, Adaptability, Curiosity
- Proven ability to execute in a customer focused environment and advocate for customers across a cross-functional organization.
- Highly organized, ability to prioritize tasks and work with minimal direction.
- Excellent problem-solving skills and ability to navigate challenging situations in a professional manner
- Strong team collaborator across multiple functional areas.
Desired Skills & Abilities:
- 2+ years in multi-jurisdictional sales and use tax preparation and filing.
- Expert-level proficiency in the setup and configuration of AvaTax, Returns and Returns Console.
- Expert-level proficiency in one or more Avalara AvaTax integrations (aka “connectors”)
- Mastery of data flows between customer and Avalara products.
- Background in accounting and taxation
- Experience managing customers and their enterprise software systems (ERP, accounting systems, etc)