Lead Salesforce Communities Architect (R1795)
Information Technology | Remote, United States,Seattle, WA, United StatesApply Now!
Avalara, Inc., (www.Avalara.com), is the leading provider of cloud-based software that delivers a broad array of compliance solutions related to sales tax and other transactional taxes.
What is it like to work at Avalara? Come find out! We are committed to the following success traits that embody our culture and how we work together to accomplish great things: Fun. Passion. Adaptability. Urgency. Simplicity. Curiosity. Humility. Ownership. Optimism.
We are building cloud-based tax compliance solutions to handle every transaction in the world. Imagine every transaction you make - every tank of gas, cup of coffee, or pair of sneakers, every movie ticket, or streamed song, every sensor-to-sensor ping. Nearly every time you make a purchase, physical or digital, there is an accompanying unique and nuanced tax compliance calculation.
We are seeking a highly motivated, experienced Senior or Lead Salesforce Communities Solutions Architect to join our team.
The Architect will be responsible for the technical design, development, and code review, of Avalara's first company-wide Customer Community. This role will be part of the core team responsible for the implementation of Salesforce Communities across multiple personas and business functions. They will be actively involved in the design sessions with business analysts, product managers, and other technical team members, and will be expected to bring technology and people leadership skills to the team.
This role will actively lead the design, build solution components, develop unit tests, guide testing strategy and play an active role in ensuring quality through the design and development lifecycle. You must possess a strong ability to work with our leadership team to balance the business needs with the best technical solutions to fulfill those needs. You'll make an impact by researching, analyzing, designing, proposing, and delivering solutions that are appropriate for the business and technology strategies, and it will be imperative that you are staying well versed in the ever-changing technology stack of the Salesforce platform and specifically in Communities cloud.
- Technical Solution Lead for Communities Platform
- Provide thought leadership in technical areas of expertise to promote a best of breed culture
- Ability to research solutions, assess options, and formulate proposals for ways to solve requests from business partners
- Manages and recommends changes to integrations between Salesforce and multiple other platforms and technologies
- In collaboration with other team members, provide a vision for the Communities platform and identify gaps in business processes that could be addressed with Salesforce solutions
- Identify skills and roles needed for technical projects and participate in vendor selection and/or hiring of team members
Technical and Solution Architecture:
- Directly accountable for the conversion of product requirements into an architecture and design that will become the blueprint for the solution being created.
- Lead conceptual and technical solution design for assigned features improvements to meet business requirements while ensuring compliance with established architectural principles, standards, and processes.
- Responsible for matching business process and automation requirements to the capabilities of Salesforce, including, but not limited to, managed and unmanaged packages, complex data model, integration, role hierarchy, sharing and security model
Salesforce Development and Reporting:
- Develop end to end Salesforce solutions using Configuration and Customization - APEX Class, Triggers, Visualforce pages, Lightning components etc.
- Perform hands-on configuration and development as needed, and roll-up your sleeves to resolve technical issues
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent combination of education and work experience
- 3+ years of experience building and delivering Salesforce Communities solutions
- Salesforce Community Consultant Certification
- Salesforce Architect Domain Certifications
- Salesforce Administrator Certification
- Proficient in Lightning Platform and capabilities
- In-depth understanding of Salesforce programming including APEX, Force.com, Aura web components, LWC and CSS
- Experienced with integrations between Salesforce and multiple other platforms and technologies
- Strong client-facing communication skills
- Ability to learn quickly and function as a positive and creative member of a team
- Ability to excel in an unstructured environment of rapid growth and constant evolution
- Communicate complex technical issues and solutions in a clear, simple and understandable way
- In-depth understanding of data model and application development
- Strong knowledge of Salesforce.com including workflows, triggers, reporting, general design concepts and overall approach of Salesforce.com as a CRM platform
Avalara helps businesses of all sizes achieve compliance with transactional taxes, including VAT, sales and use, excise, communications, and other tax types. We deliver comprehensive, automated, cloud-based solutions that are fast, accurate, and easy to use.
Avalara offers hundreds of pre-built connectors into leading accounting, ERP, ecommerce and other business applications. Each year, the company processes billions of tax transactions for customers and users, files hundreds of thousands of tax compliance documents and tax returns and manages millions of exemption certificates and other compliance related documents.
Avalara's headquarters are in Seattle, WA and it has offices across the U.S. and in Brighton and London, England; Brussels, Belgium; and Pune, India. More information at: www.avalara.com
Avalara is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified candidates will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, creed, religion, age, gender, national orientation, disability, sexual orientation, US Veteran status, or any other factor protected by law.