Senior Software Engineer
Engineering | Delhi, IndiaApply Now!
DevOps Engineer who can work on AvaTax, Avalara's tax determination engine. Join our team as we strive to be part of every sales transaction in the world.
A successful candidate with well-rounded software development skills with a proven track record of delivering SaaS at scale in an Agile environment.
- Designing and developing responsive Serverless web application which is scalable
- Developing microservices and data management layer for tax content delivery for POS systems
- Writing automation tests for unit of code to ensure code coverage and quality
- Ensuring Product Quality by working closely with Product Teams, understanding requirements, identifying and solutioning for border scenarios
- Performing Manual Testing, Code Reviews, Technical Documentations
- Support production systems
- Being a cross functional team player
- Participating in Scrum Ceremonies
- Bachelor of Engineering in Computer Science or equivalent
- 6-9 years of experience in software engineering
- At least 2+ years on building serverless applications using AWS feature
- Should have hands-on experience in AWS Development – Client facing Web Applications
- Should have worked on AWS services like : Lambda, API Gateway, S3, EC2, Cloud Watch, SQL/No SQL Database, SNS, SQS
- Should have hands-on experience in developing and maintaining Event Driven Microservices, REST APIs using .Net Core, C#
- Should have hands-on experience in data modelling, Database creations for SQL and NoSQL DBs – MS SQL/ Postgres/MongoDB
- Should have worked on Test Automation frameworks for Unit Testing and Integration testing: XUnit/ MS Test/ Nunit/ Selenium
- Repository: GitLab preferred or any other
- User Interface development using ReactJs with Jest and CyPress Test Automation
- ETL Development using AWS Athena, AWS Glue, AWS Step functions, AWS Redshift, Pyspark
- Hands-on experience on CI/CD pipeline
We're building cloud-based tax compliance solutions to handle every transaction in the world.
Imagine every transaction you make — every tank of gas, cup of coffee, or pair of sneakers, every movie ticket, meal kit, or streamed song, every sensor-to-sensor ping. Nearly every time you make a purchase, physical or digital, there's an accompanying unique and nuanced tax compliance calculation.
The logic behind calculating taxes — the rules, rates, and boundaries — is a global, layered, three-dimensional mess of complexity, with compliance dictated by governments and applied by every business, every day.
Avalara works with businesses of all sizes, all over the world — from corner stores to gigantic global retailers — to calculate tax accurately and automatically, at speeds measured in milliseconds.
That's a massive technical challenge, in terms of scale, reliability, and complexity, and we do it better than anyone. That's why we're growing fast.
Headquartered in Seattle, Avalara has offices across the U.S. and around the world, in Belgium, Brazil, Canada, India, and the U.K.
Avalara is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified candidates will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, creed, religion, age, gender, national orientation, disability, sexual orientation, or any other factor protected by law.