Senior Business Intelligence Analyst (R1851)
Engineering | Remote, United States,Durham, NC, United States,Seattle, WA, United StatesApply Now!
As a Sr. BI analyst you will build data-driven insights to fuel future opportunities for innovation and assess performance of current initiatives, by developing datasets, reporting solutions that include (but are not limited to) complex reports, dashboards and data mining, data collection and analysis documentation, and report-out activities. You will be contributing to the charge in developing robust data modeling strategies to transform systemic reporting into impactful information that will drive and determine operational business performance, as well as providing in depth metrics analysis to help solve complex problems.
- Use creativity to solve data and analytical problems for the organization.
- Integrate data from multiple sources, create complex datasets to generate reports for interpretation by leaders across the organization.
- Utilize a wide range of data technologies to manage data and reports.
- Use creative ability to evaluate and assess available relevant data sources (both internal and publicly available data) to bring them together for the given project.
- Work closely with various customer success stakeholders to define the data needed and how best to present it.
- Support program and customer success leadership with timely recurring and ad-hoc analysis.
- Partner with diverse group of Avalara teams including data warehouse, data science, product/engineering and operational teams for sources of information and an "aligned data story"
- Bachelor's degree in computer science, computer engineering or related field; or equivalent combination of skills and experience.
- 7 to 10 years of experience as a lead data engineer, Sr. analyst and report developer.
- Experience of accessing, transforming, analyzing, modeling, reporting on data from multiple sources.
- Must have knowledge of revenue reporting, related datasets, metrics and KPIs. Must have created reports for finance, revenue, and sales areas of the business.
- Expert knowledge of SQL, designing tables/views and data models, creating and optimizing complex Queries, transformation logic and stored procedures.
- Proficient in using MS SQL Server and SQL Tools.
- Proficient in analyzing business requirements and KPIs/Metrics.
- Proficiency of Power BI, DAX and M.
- Expert Knowledge of creating reports and dashboards using relevant visualizations in Power BI.
- Expert Knowledge of Salesforce data structures, reports and dashboards.
- Knowledge of alerts, subscriptions, security and access controls for Power BI reports and Power BI gateway configurations.
- Knowledge of Finance reporting using Sales and Finance data and systems.
- Good communication, presentation and documentation skills.
- Experience of collaborating with technical teams such as data warehouse and data science teams.
Nice to have
- Knowledge of data warehouse, ETL, data architecture, master data management, data standards and governance.
- Snowflake, Python/R
We're building cloud-based tax compliance solutions to handle every transaction in the world.
Imagine every transaction you make — every tank of gas, cup of coffee, or pair of sneakers, every movie ticket, meal kit, or streamed song, every sensor-to-sensor ping. Nearly every time you make a purchase, physical or digital, there's an accompanying unique and nuanced tax compliance calculation.
The logic behind calculating taxes — the rules, rates, and boundaries — is a global, layered, three-dimensional mess of complexity, with compliance dictated by governments and applied by every business, every day.
Avalara works with businesses of all sizes, all over the world — from corner stores to gigantic global retailers — to calculate tax accurately and automatically, at speeds measured in milliseconds.
That's a massive technical challenge, in terms of scale, reliability, and complexity, and we do it better than anyone. That's why we're growing fast.
Headquartered in Seattle, Avalara has offices across the U.S. and around the world, in Belgium, Brazil, Canada, India, and the U.K.
Avalara is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified candidates will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, creed, religion, age, gender, national orientation, disability, sexual orientation, or any other factor protected by law.