User Experience Designer Pleno
Product Management | Sao Paulo, SP, BrazilApply Now!
Avalara's Product Experience Group (PXG) is growing. We need an experienced user interface designer to extend and improve our products in Brazil. In this role, you'll partner with a design lead to deliver a world-class product experience across our suite of compliance products. Achieving this experience will require a mix of user interface and visual design skills. UX writing skills are a bonus. You will make it easier for customers to perform time-sensitive financial tasks, use data visualizations, and manage their compliance tasks.
Joining our Brazil Product Experience team will provide you with a unique opportunity to advance your craft and have a noticeable, significant impact across Avalara's product offerings. Be prepared for a fast-moving, start-up environment where you have so many ways to have an impact you'll have to effectively prioritize and communicate across teams in order to succeed.
- Design is an iterative process: welcome feedback and work effectively with team members and stakeholders (Product, Engineering, etc.) to come up with the optimal design during the product ideation processes.
- Create intuitive interfaces and seamless experiences that make emotional connections with users and communicate the brand.
- Gain a deep understanding of user needs and goals and communicate them to cross-functional product teams.
- Create design deliverables appropriate to projects - including flows, diagrams, mockups, interactive prototypes, specs, and assets for stakeholders, validation with users, and engineering teams.
- Work with and contribute to the infographics and data visualization components of Avalara's product design system, Skylab.
- Develop and moderate online, in-person usability studies, and administer surveys through all stages of product development and while in production.
- Conduct card sorts and evaluative research with assistance from the UX Research team.
- Analyze quantitative and qualitative user data to generate tactical and strategic insights.
- Test ideas and rapidly incorporate user and team feedback.
- 3+ years of professional experience designing interfaces and online experiences.
- Designing within an existing or emerging design system (i.e. Material Design, VMWare Clarity, Salesforce Lightning Design.)
- Working with developer teams using agile sprints, participating in design reviews and retrospectives, and wrangling tickets in Jira.
- Working hand-in-hand and advocating for a user-centered design process with Product Management, Engineering, and UX Content.
- Experience incorporating user research into the design process.
- Experience in information architecture design.
- You have a portfolio that includes: wireframes, interaction flows, and high-fidelity interface examples. Your thought process and the context of your contribution should be clear.
- Experience with Figma or comparable tools.
- Working knowledge of HTML5 and CSS3.
- Experience working for leading SaaS companies with a diverse customer base spanning small business owners, SMB, and enterprise.
- English: professional working proficiency .
- Bachelors or higher degree in a User Experience related field such as (UX design, HCI, Interaction Design, or Graphic Design) [Or equivalent professional experience.]